Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October

Wow, I like how PenFed does auto-CLI's: no subtlety or mystery there! No hunting luv buttons, no calling and pleading, nothing.

I logged on a couple of days ago, and there were offers for the card I already had with a $10,300 limit and for a car loan for $30-something K, plus a link to about twenty other goodies. After that time that they posted two $1 million w/d on my account, I figured it was a display hiccup, but it was still there today, and I gave them a call.

They said that it wasn't necessarily for a second gas card, but that I was approved for $10,300 of anything --LOC, second card, CLI. And it really was pre-approved; no hard inquiry!

So now my 5% cash back gas card has a $20,300 CL. Woo-hoo! That's a bunch of gas, even at today's prices.

February: opened with $5K
April: raised to $10K (online request by me)
October: auto-CLI to $20.3K!

And best of all, they're a credit union, not a bank. Smiley Wink I'm pretty comfortable in their being there for the next several years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October

Dang-

Sounds rough

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! They seem to be really easy to deal with Smiley Happy.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats HTSU!!!!

I guess your testimonial is further proof that the best things in life

happen to us when we least expect them. And you're right...credit

unions grant real credit limits. No worries about using 20-30% of the

limit and then getting nastygrams down the road. So I'm sure that

you will find plenty of creative ways to put it to good use.

Once again, Congratulations on your credit limit increase. Enjoy!!!!

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"

Message 4 of 27
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

WTG !! 5k to over 20k in eight months is impressive.

I've been waiting for some pre-approval luv from them but am at the seven month mark right now. 25k Rewards card but turned down for 'pyramid' on a LOC a few months back.

Hauling, how often do you use the card ? 

Anyway, congrats.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 27
treski
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Merry Christmas??

Your CLI is higher than my total available credit, combined. 

Smiley Happy   ................................    Smiley Indifferent

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 6 of 27
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Congrats Hauling. Maybe I'll see an auto CLI in my next life. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 27
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

That's pretty impressive!

Now I'll be really impressed when they slide me something!!

Message 8 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

jaxstraw wrote:

WTG !! 5k to over 20k in eight months is impressive.

I've been waiting for some pre-approval luv from them but am at the seven month mark right now. 25k Rewards card but turned down for 'pyramid' on a LOC a few months back.

Hauling, how often do you use the card ? 

Anyway, congrats.

Jax

I suppose we use it 5-6 times a week. One of the things that I really like about it is that they do NOT report the AU card, so DH's history didn't re-age. So 2-4 tanks of gas (one for each car, plus occasionally for the kids), two or three runs to the grocery store, and maybe a random other purchase, with the occasional out-of-town trip. We did wear it out in August when we went to the beach --gas was really high then, 1000+ round trip, plus we do competitive grocery shopping and cooking at the family reunion. Then we turned around and drove DD#2 up to NYC, renting a mini-van when ours refused to leave the driveway.

And I do have a car loan as well.

I thought it was interesting that the offer popped up after all my spring flings had reached 6 months or older, except the last one which is six months in a week or two, I think it is.

charges:
March $227
April $997
May $393
June $1545 <-- trip to New Orleans
July $937
August $1073
September $2595 <-- trip to beach, trip to NYC including getting DD#2 set up in her apartment there

Always PIF'd before the statement, except once when a $17 charge slipped through.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

treski wrote:

Wow!  Merry Christmas??

Your CLI is higher than my total available credit, combined. 

Smiley Happy   ................................    Smiley Indifferent

Smiley Very Happy

You'll be there soon enough. I was 590 on 5/18/2007, when the 50-point loss for a new 30-day late hit.

As to the crazy CL's, that's because of having CU cards, bless their hearts. I can't say enough good things about USAA and PenFed, plus BofA busily playing catch-up.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.