Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October

WOW, Hauling, that is a fantastic (BEYOND fantastic!) CL!

And I'm not at all jealous. Honestly. Not even a bit! Smiley Very Happy

Ahhh, PenFed... one day... 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reviving this one from the dead. Sorry I missed this Hauling. Major Congrats to you!!!

Just curious if anyone else has recieved auto CLI with PenFed. Currently they are my lowest CL - actually with my Target REDcard if you can believe that.  I don't use the card much because of the piddily CL and better rewards on other cards (only thing they beat other cards on for me is the 5% on gas, but with my  Freedom PLUs I make nearly the same by getting 3% and then waiting for the $50 bonus on my rewards check)...Anyhoo...just curious.

Message 22 of 27
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Hmm I've had a PenFed membership for a few months after hearing you go on and on about that card Smiley Tongue, but I never apped for a card.  They've still got my $5 sitting in a savings account not seeing any action.  Now you're making me seriously consider apping for the card, even after I decided that 4 new accounts in one year was ENOUGH.  Stop the temptation!

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Stop reading, lol!

I wouldn't go near them until all your stuff is well over six months old. Was Discover your most recent? --can't remember.

Anyway, they seem to have changed both their initial CL guidelines and their auto-CLI timetable. I just started by asking for $5K and got an increase online several months later, plus the auto at the 7th month. Others have posted being declined when they tried for a high figure right out of the gate, and that they've been told that the autos come at 12 months now.

Unless you're trying to get freakishly high limits for some reason, it's still a great card because of the rewards and the future possibilities. But I wouldn't try with them too soon, especially as you're young and still have the college-age income. (Co-op, right?)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 27
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

yeah, my credit apps are on pause until I graduate.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to app for a mortgage relatively soon after graduation, but I know most lenders like you to have a steady full time job for at least 2 years Smiley Sad  Especially with jobs being up in the air lately for a lot of people.  Actually, Bank of America was my most recent, and they're only 4 months old according to my CRs.  I believe its actually closer to 3, though.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey hauling -

who does usaa pull for apps?  we are members for our insurance but haven't looked at them for credit.

Message 26 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

hey hauling -

who does usaa pull for apps?  we are members for our insurance but haven't looked at them for credit.

They seem to pull EQ, although I've heard that once in a blue moon, they pull EX.

They soft me about twice a year. I've been a member for 28 years, though, and they put a HUGE emphasis on length of time with them.

I have *counts on fingers* checking, savings, CD's, a Roth IRA, a money market account, World MC, AmEx, car insurance, and a HELOC with them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.