Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Periodic Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander Periodic Offers?

Hello all, so a few months back I applied for and was approved for the Santander Sphere thinking I could BT a large chunk of the student loans that I have at 3.76% and get 24 months at a 4% flat fee. Santander had other ideas and only approved me for a paltry $1,200 never BT'd any because it is not even worth my time at that amount and would make my util % sky high on that card. So my question is to those of you who may have this is does Santander send offers in the future for low fee BT or other promotions? How difficult is a CLI with them? 

Just trying to decide if I should cancel now or hang on to it long term. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Santander Periodic Offers?

Wow! First I have ever heard of santander offering credit cards. 24 months @0% is a Slate killer IF they give out decent SL's. 

Of course, Santander/Chrysler Financial has a bad reputation. I'll be following this thread, hopefully some Sandtander account holders Will reply. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

grillandwine, I dont see this being a slate killer mainly because Santander is paranoid about fraud apparently they only take online applications a few months a year, my application took 2 months to be processed, and they gave me a super low SL. All of that coupled together has made my outlook with them very skeptical, they do offer a great into period if they would give a usuable credit line, thus I am now wondering wehther or not I should just pull anchor and sail to warmer waters, hoping that they do send out periodic offers and it would then be worth keeping the card but I know that very few peeps have this card. 

Message 3 of 4
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Good Morning,

I just replied to your other(older)post about your underwriting call. Did you ever go for a cli with them? I'm curious, and if so, how did you make out. That sl is so small, you sure can't transfer any balances. Also, do you happen to have a tel # to their underwriting dept?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.