Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Still Nothing… Next Step?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Santander Still Nothing… Next Step?

What is the next step when the bank refuses to give you documents by mail or tell you by phone what is going on?

They have 30 days by law right? so what do I do when it's past that? I was asked to give them 10 more days and we are at it today and nothing in todays mail!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Santander Still Nothing… Next Step?

If they are reporting negatively against you and refuse to give you papers then you can file a CFPB complaint, assuming you have a paper trail to back up your requests to them.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

If they are reporting negatively against you and refuse to give you papers then you can file a CFPB complaint, assuming you have a paper trail to back up your requests to them.

Well I'm just waiting to find out the status of my application!

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Santander Still Nothing… Face in Palm!

Well today rep says it was not decisioned until Jan. 9 which is almost exactly 30 days after I first applied.

Guy asked me at beginning of call if I had any accounts with them (checking, savings) and when I said no asked if I wanted to open any... I was like no offense but my experience on getting this credit card has not been steller I don't think I would put cash with your bank!

So he put me on hold to see if he could find out any further information on the credit card other than just continue to wait for a letter for 30 days from the decision date of Jan. 9.... got transferred to someone else who has now submitted a report to have the matter looked into to get me the info... I just don't get it!

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

39 minutes later and 4 transfers I had a rep that says "he is the right department to handle the situation" but that he can't give me any information over the phone and that I will receive something in the mail within 10 days.

ummm... that's what I have been told the last 6 times, why did I need to be transferred 4 times and spend 39 minutes to be told the exact same thing, doesn't sound like the right department at all!

I will be at 60 days once I give them 10 more days.

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

39 minutes later and 4 transfers I had a rep that says "he is the right department to handle the situation" but that he can't give me any information over the phone and that I will receive something in the mail within 10 days.

ummm... that's what I have been told the last 6 times, why did I need to be transferred 4 times and spend 39 minutes to be told the exact same thing, doesn't sound like the right department at all!

Not starting off on a good note is it?  I'm questioning their CSRs ability to handle a situation personally.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Not starting off on a good note is it?  I'm questioning their CSRs ability to handle a situation personally.

They at least are here in the US and speak good english... but I'm wondering if they have as much power as a Capital One CSR for example.... this last guy just kept saying "I'm very sorry and I do understand"

I almost snapped that you don't understand because you keep repeating yourself and not actually just helping me, but then thought about my Capital One thought above and just said thank you, I will wait 10 more days!

Surely I am denied, I mean they couldn't possibly take 60 days to send an approval?!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.