Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapphire Preferred + Freedom?

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Sapphire Preferred + Freedom?

I apped and got approved for 7.5k CSP last week, seeing as I'd like to maximize my rewards and eventually get away from CrapOne totally, I was considering apping for the Freedom as well.  Don't want to waste a HP if I'm gonna be denied a Freedom since the last app was so recent.  I apped for a Amex BCP last Sunday and got a denial because of too many inquires (I thnk i'm at 8 now).  What are my chances?  My FAKOs are mid 700s.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Sapphire Preferred + Freedom?

I have read here that Chase likes 30 days between apps, but I am not sure. I apped for Freedom a few weeks ago and was denied because of inqs. I immediately reconned and the CSR asked about them (Why so many?), but ultimately approved the app. Entire call lasted 4-5 minutes, np.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend going into the bank to apply for the Freedom.  Tell the banker you applied for the CSP and you were approved and now you would also like to have the Freedom.  They can make it happen.

I have a friend who did this recently with no problem. 

Message 3 of 6
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

My only problem is I do not have any local Chase branches.  I think I might just wait the 30 days.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I apped and got approved for 7.5k CSP last week, seeing as I'd like to maximize my rewards and eventually get away from CrapOne totally, I was considering apping for the Freedom as well.  Don't want to waste a HP if I'm gonna be denied a Freedom since the last app was so recent.  I apped for a Amex BCP last Sunday and got a denial because of too many inquires (I thnk i'm at 8 now).  What are my chances?  My FAKOs are mid 700s.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months, then apply for a CLI on the CSP and if you can't resist a card from a different bank will be fine too. Your CSP has a pretty high limit, they won't want to give you more so soon. If you really want and need the Freedom, apply for it in a year.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 6
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

I was in the same situation as you (last week). I had been approved for the CSP with credit line of $8000 I applied that same day for Freedom and got the message saying my application needed to be reviewed. I called recon and was told that I wouldn't be able to get the card because they had just approved the CSP. I kindly asked if they would transfer $2000 of the line I was just approved for to the new freedom card. She said sure, and proceeded to do so. She came back on the line and told me that she was working on the approval with another representative that went ahead and approved the freedom for credit line of $7500 (without changing the CSP credit line).

I think you have a pretty good shot, since your CL on your CSP is $7500, you have some bargaining room while still maintaining the $5000 min CL on the CSP.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.