cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapphire Reserve to kill off Ritz Carlton?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Sapphire Reserve to kill off Ritz Carlton?

Will it be offering the same? Are they using JPM priority services for the CSR?
Message 21 of 29
Kenro
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Its not confirmed but since the rumours are saying that Palladium is being killed off, will Chase keep JP morgan line just for Ritz? Most likely they`ll have same team running the Reserve and Ritz.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenro wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Its not confirmed but since the rumours are saying that Palladium is being killed off, will Chase keep JP morgan line just for Ritz? Most likely they`ll have same team running the Reserve and Ritz.

What? Really? That's a one of a kind card. 

Well, except for the benefits anyways. 

What card will Obummer carry in his wallet now? 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite would squash the Chase Sapphire Reserve if anything.

RC Hotel benefits outweigh primary rental insurance coverage.

You understand that the RC's points are valued at more than 1 cent per dollar when redeemed for hotel credits at Ritz-Carlton Hotels right? So when you get 2x points on travel and restaurants, and 5x points per dollar on RC and partner hotel stays, and 1x points on all other purchases, I think it's more rewarding that the CSR will be. You're basically getting 6.25x/2.5x/1.25x on purchases if you use the card right--- so $12,000 in dining and travel spend will get you one free night at RC.

For example, a TIER 1 RC Hotel "free" night redemption is 40,000 points, but those with a RC card can get one for 30,000 points. The same is said for the rest of the tiers, except the points are higher for each redemption at the higher teir hotels

Additionally, it looks like both the RC and CSR wil have a $300 annual airline fee credit and $100 global entry fee credit.

Not to mention the signup offer for the RC is equivlent to a 180,000 point bonus because of the three free nights.

Wait I am slightly confused please clarify.

- General rule of thumb is that 1 marriot point is = 0.8$

- I have RC card when I go to book RC chicago hotel it is 50 000 points. How can I get same hotel 30 000 points?

- That same hotel is 327$ in cash.

- 3 point on Reserve on even ritz carlton reservation would equal to 4.5 UR (3x1.5)  against 5 on Ritz carlton card. 5 Marriot points is less than 3 UR points that can equal to 4.5 cents on travel. 5 Ritz/Marriot points are way less than that.

Finally 100k bonus  = 1500$ which at least in chicago's ritz would get you nearly 5 nights.

From what I've read there's differen tiers. You probably are just comparing your knowledge with slightly different real life results than what I've read. 

Message 24 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

There are 5 tiers of ritz hotels.

Tier 1 - 30,000/night
Tier 2 - 40,000/night
Tier 3 - 50,000/night (Chicago is tier 3)
Tier 4 - 60,000/night
Tier 5 - 70,000/night

Remember the 5th night is free on all reward redemptions.

Read more about the marriott/ritz program here Smiley Very Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comprehensive-Guide-to-Marriott-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-an...

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

Tier 1 - 30,000/night
Tier 2 - 40,000/night
Tier 4 - 60,000/night
Tier 5 - 70,000/night

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comprehensive-Guide-to-Marriott-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-an...

I just got that offer for the 4th night free.  Hubby said that an MRI machine will kill your card.  Smiley Wink  (long story)  We were trying to figure a way to destroy our cards so we can get the new ones.  Trying to kill a totally metal card and explain it would seem like we did it on purpose.  

Smiley Tongue  This sucks!

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.55.51 PM.jpg

Message 26 of 29
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Tier 1 - 30,000/night
Tier 2 - 40,000/night
Tier 4 - 60,000/night
Tier 5 - 70,000/night

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comprehensive-Guide-to-Marriott-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-and-Their/td-p/4100403

I just got that offer for the 4th night free.  Hubby said that an MRI machine will kill your card.  Smiley Wink  (long story)  We were trying to figure a way to destroy our cards so we can get the new ones.  Trying to kill a totally metal card and explain it would seem like we did it on purpose.  

This makes sense to me all cards have the benefits so there is no need to send out new cards until they expire.

Cardholders don't worry nobody cares or knows what infinite is anyway or signature,and wemc for that matter.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's true most people don't know or care about Visa Signature let alone Visa Infinite lol
Message 28 of 29
Kenro
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Tier 1 - 30,000/night
Tier 2 - 40,000/night
Tier 4 - 60,000/night
Tier 5 - 70,000/night

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comprehensive-Guide-to-Marriott-Ritz-Carlton-Rewards-and-Their/td-p/4100403

You dont need to kill anything... Just order a replacement card online through the new chase design form, email through message center or call them. I've ordered countless replacements because I scratched up previous cards.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.