Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapphire chances?

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Sapphire chances?

@sarkell wrote:
Recon I had no 5k lines but a 3k one but all it was was some verfication. My big lesson alwaysc recon if you can.

what credit line did you get?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 31
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Yes i already applied, still under review. I called but was told they are still reviewing in order to make a decision. And no, i do not have a card with a 500 limit.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 12 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm sorry, I might have missed it but what cc's do you have other than the new Amex and unsecured BoA?
Message 13 of 31
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

It was also te regular sapphire not preffered. And my accounts are a year and a half old, with a lease thats 8 months and has always been payed on time.

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 14 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yes what are your accounts? and there CL List all your accts as well as your scores. That way they can let you know your chances of approval.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 16 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

tell us what accounts you briefly have (just approximates will do, if you don't want to reveal too much) so people can help you out a lot better.

in the meantime, call these numbers: 

Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 31
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Oppss sorry guys!! And no i have no problems sharing: boa 700, cap one 300, and now amex npsl

Message 18 of 31
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Oppss sorry guys!! And no i have no problems sharing: boa 700, cap one 300, and now amex npsl

Its asking a lot of them to give you a Sapphire.  Not unheard of if you have a strong income and low inquiries, but like has been said already, Chase does not like to be the guinea pig.

Having said that, since you have already applied and the damage (inquiry) is already done.  Calling the Recon line is the best path. 

If they decline you, perhaps ask and beg them to use the same report (they probably won't) to evaluate you for a Freedom.  I personally believe even the Freedom just yet is a bit of a stretch but its a lot less of a stretch than the Sapphires will be.

A concern for you now is taking too many inquiries which result in denials.  That is never a good thing. 

Capital One has a proven history of helping new credit card holders get in the game via their Platinum mastercard "Credit Steps" program.

If you have a checking account at Chase with a few grand in it, be sure and remind them of that fact.  If not, consider opening one?

If they do give you a card, make sure you PIF each month so it does not carry a balance for at least 6 months.  If you can pull that off, it will put you in a a different level for the next card. 

I hope it works out for you. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 19 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good luck others may have a different opinion but I think your chances are slim. Maybe the Freedom first, keep for 6 mos then try for CS or CSP
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.