Did you mean: 

Sapphire chances?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Sapphire chances?

@Pilotdude wrote:

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Oppss sorry guys!! And no i have no problems sharing: boa 700, cap one 300, and now amex npsl

Its asking a lot of them to give you a Sapphire.  Not unheard of if you have a strong income and low inquiries, but like has been said already, Chase does not like to be the guinea pig.

Having said that, since you have already applied and the damage (inquiry) is already done.  Calling the Recon line is the best path. 

If they decline you, perhaps ask and beg them to use the same report (they probably won't) to evaluate you for a Freedom.  I personally believe even the Freedom just yet is a bit of a stretch but its a lot less of a stretch than the Sapphires will be.

A concern for you now is taking too many inquiries which result in denials.  That is never a good thing. 

Capital One has a proven history of helping new credit card holders get in the game via their Platinum mastercard "Credit Steps" program.

If you have a checking account at Chase with a few grand in it, be sure and remind them of that fact.  If not, consider opening one?

If they do give you a card, make sure you PIF each month so it does not carry a balance for at least 6 months.  If you can pull that off, it will put you in a a different level for the next card. 

I hope it works out for you. Smiley Happy

I agree.

Those are some low limits to be applying for a top tier prime card.

Hopefully they take you in, good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hopefully you get approved!! keep us posted if its either approval or denial. Good luck!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 22 of 31
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

@ryanbush 5k which is great for me. Considering my other limits it was good to be approved however my aaoa was 5 years so I'm sure that helped.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 31
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

So it's possible to get approved for a Sapphire Preferred if you don't have any other $5,000 limit cards and have a flawless record?

Message 24 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

So it's possible to get approved for a Sapphire Preferred if you don't have any other $5,000 limit cards and have a flawless record?

Anything is possible but its better odds getting the Sapphire not the Preferred.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 31
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

Absolutely. I was given an 8k limit on a Preferred with a previous high of only 2500. Chase weighs spending habits a lot when going for Sapphire. Helps that I put over 10k on my Freedom in 2012. 

Message 26 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ omskillet

You are correct that Chase weighs spending habit. I think in this case, the OP does not have a history with Chase nor a CL anywhere near the usual starting CL for a CSP.
Message 27 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

it is. a friend of mine was approved for CSP as her FIRST credit card. She has an average deposit of >100k for the past 4 years, and a PIF auto loan, so that helped.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 28 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Currently waiting for my amex green, got my boa unsecured, what are my chances of getting approved for the sapphire? I got the 7 day message. Even witg a recon lol?

Hope you get it fingers crossed but you been pushing it and were suppose to be gardening....slow down a little ok the cards will come with time/history. Good luck tho and recon if neededSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

SO WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!? hahha did it happen??

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.