Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapphire vs. Preferred difficulty to get approved

tag
minhasandrew
Established Member

Sapphire vs. Preferred difficulty to get approved

Is it harder to get approved for the regular sapphire or the csp?

Or is it roughly the same

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
slweal87
Contributor

Re: Sapphire vs. Preferred difficulty to get approved

I've heard the requirements are exactly the same. 

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 2 of 10
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

I believe it's the same u/w, but for the CSP you need to be able to be approved for a 5k CL, as opposed to the CS which can be approved for lower.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 3 of 10
slweal87
Contributor

Actually I don't believe they approve the non-preferred below 5,000. Visa Signature has to be 5,000 or above and it IS a Visa Signature.

1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 4 of 10
minhasandrew
Established Member

Thanks everyone. I'm new to this forum and I was searching hard for the answer but couldn't find anything. But I just applied for the nonpreferred and got an instant approval for an "access line of 5K". So during summer I'll apply for the preferred and pay for school with it because I cant spend 3000 in 3 months to get the bonus but if I use it for school it'll be taken care of in one swoop. 

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 5 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

non preferred CS has minimal CL of 5K also

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 10
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@noobody wrote:

I think it is $2k, at least according to the CA I talked to during recon

Message 7 of 10
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@slweal87 wrote:

I've heard the requirements are exactly the same. 

+1 They would like to see a prior limit of $5k if it goes under manual review. But if you do not have that, a simple justification of why you want it (ex. increase in work travel) and a clean history will most likely get you the CSP.

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@eagle2013 wrote:

@noobody wrote:

Correct, CS can be approved as low as $2K, non-Signature Visa.  U/W requirements for approval are similar for both.

Message 9 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@noobody wrote:

Correct, CS can be approved as low as $2K, non-Signature Visa.  U/W requirements for approval are similar for both.

about 9 month ago, since i knew CSP has 5K minimal CL, i suggest CS for one of my friend, declined, reconed twice with UW, and once with EO, all told both cards are visa signature with 5K CL minimal, she was not qualified because of short history

she got here CSP with 7K CL last Dec. with 18 month total credit history

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.