Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save 10% to 20% when redeeming Capital One miles for select gift cards

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Save 10% to 20% when redeeming Capital One miles for select gift cards

Thought I'd mention in case anybody wanted to sort some early Christmas presents... I just logged in to explore the rewards available with my Capital One Venture, one perk I don't often see people on here talk about is that as well as redeeming the 'miles' to erase travel costs on the Venture cards, you can also redeem them at full value for gift cards, i.e. 10,000 'miles' for a $100 gift card, which is much better than the half you'd get by redeeming for an account credit.

At the moment with some retailers they're offering up to 20% off - you can get a $100 Neiman Marcus gift card for just 8000 miles. That's a pretty good return.

I need a new garage door, so I just redeemed 90,000 miles for $900 of Lowes gift cards - unfortunately no discounts there. It was heart wrenching to see all the miles I've worked so hard to earn disappear in one click! I never even got the sign-up bonus as I PC'd.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Save 10% to 20% when redeeming Capital One miles for select gift cards

@CreditJim wrote:

Thought I'd mention in case anybody wanted to sort some early Christmas presents... I just logged in to explore the rewards available with my Capital One Venture, one perk I don't often see people on here talk about is that as well as redeeming the 'miles' to erase travel costs on the Venture cards, you can also redeem them at full value for gift cards, i.e. 10,000 'miles' for a $100 gift card, which is much better than the half you'd get by redeeming for an account credit.

At the moment with some retailers they're offering up to 20% - you can get a $100 Neiman Marcus gift card for just 8000 miles. That's a pretty good return.

I need a new garage door, so I just redeemed 90,000 miles for $900 of Lowes gift cards. It was heart wrenching to see all the miles I've worked so hard to earn disappear in one click! I never even got the sign-up bonus as I PC'd.

I will need to check that out,I have an cap one world mc that hardly gets used it was used for my cable bill 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.