Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save score or money

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Save score or money

1.  Well you have a 744 Score if that's up to date so I don't know why you would be very concerned about score unless you are trying to close on a mortgage.

2.  How much are we talking on original purchase, because that 6 months is accrued.... but this Fab. BT is it free transfer or 3,4%? That could take away savings.

Message 11 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ca,

It's a no fee BT.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

The answer is always money.  The only time the answer is score is if you have an application like an auto loan or mortgage coming up where you need extra points to get a better rate.  And you want that better rate to save money, so the answer is still money.

+1

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Short term, 6 to 8 months, I'd be better positioned for a CLI if willing to suck it up in the BillMeLater account.

No mortgage but do need a car within 2 months.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.