Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or something new?

tag
ncscgirl2005
New Contributor

Re: Scam or something new?

Wow that's really scaring. Thank you for reporting that and hopefully no one's credit info is stolen.

Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

If he was operating with a group, I bet he was a patsy. There is no way he could get away with this for long. I just don't see any scenerio where corporate doesn't hear about pretty quickly. What's he going to do, make a fake call and then tell her she's denied? Before long, someone is going to follow up on that with corporate.

Who knows, maybe he's complete innocent (although extremely naive) and some fake district manager has him collecting applications.

Message 32 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If he was operating with a group, I bet he was a patsy. There is no way he could get away with this for long. I just don't see any scenerio where corporate doesn't hear about pretty quickly. What's he going to do, make a fake call and then tell her she's denied? Before long, someone is going to follow up on that with corporate.

Who knows, maybe he's complete innocent (although extremely naive) and some fake district manager has him collecting applications.

I really want to believe he's innocent and that that is EXACTLY what is happening.

Ive built a friendly relationship with this guy, he's great. And if you ask, he'll tell you he's been working there for 16 years.

I just also have a bad feeling in my gut that hes tired of donuts and wants some extra cash and is willing to steal to get it.

And I cant help but wonder if anyone else got scared and messaged corporate as well.. Its a possibility I suppose.

I didnt even think of that til someone here suggested it.

Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the only thing I can come up with ..........

https://www.citibank.com.ph/gcb/promos/dining/krispy-kreme.htm?icid=PHNCUDUENYHUICB01

Sadly he was trying to get us to apply for a mastercard.

Someone fell for it while I was there.

I wish with all my heart that it had been something else.

But no, he had actual paper applications sitting under the counter waiting. He brought the stack out when the other lady applied.

Message 35 of 57
ddemari
Super Contributor

That's a crazy story! I wonder what this guys MO is, besides the obvious idenity theft? Like how long before some finds out this and he is going to be standing there holding the donuts and faux application, that's nuts! Glad you reported it op.
Message 36 of 57
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Sorry, but the thought of there even being a Krisoy Cream CC is just FAT !!!!!

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed on the lack of a KK rewards credit card, but glad you've reported it!

Message 38 of 57
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Another user here in the forums have reported exactly the same thing happening to him. Is it a big coincedence that bot OP's are in the same state/city or is it something else.

You know KK is a franchise. So this could be one mastermind that owns several KK locations, collecting personal info at all stores owned by him. So i woudl not be suprised if both the franchise owners are the same person. This would also make sense as he could be telling his store managers this is something new, and maybe using those poor people for his evil plan.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Krispy-Kreme-Credit-Card/m-p/4430363#M10506...

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 39 of 57
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Another one of these surfaced in SC.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Krispy-Kreme-Credit-Card/td-p/4430258

OP should take a paper app and post a pic of it here along with the other OP to see if the applications are identical.

And i am in TN so i will definitely visit couple KK tomorrow and pay with my Amex to see if it triggers anything Smiley Happy

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.