Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared I'm going to get AA'ed

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scared I'm going to get AA'ed

+1

Whatever you do, pay more than the minimum payments.

Here's my .02 on opening too many TLs and worrying about it later. One of the reasons the new sub-board was established was so people would not get caught up in the windstorm of approvals. Applying and being approved is a wonderful feeling ESP if you are new to credit or reestablishishing. Learning how to handle/manage cc's is just as important as being approved.

End of rant.
Message 11 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@enharu: Yes that IS a LOT of new accts. Even more than i opened in 2.5 months.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 12 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Cards I was approved for this month;

Discover IT $800

Chase Slate $1000

Chase Freedom $1500

Duck Card $1000

DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $6000

Victoria Secret $350

JCrew ?

Express ?

Buckle ?

Walmart Store Card $700

Macy's $600

Dillards $200

I'm MOST afraid to lose anything with Chase...I'm just going to do what everyone is saying and keep UTL low and PIF...I'm so ticked at myself for opening those worthless shopping cart trick CC's..Does anyone think closing those cards would help my cause?

Most of those are store cards and none are Barclay's, so I think you'll be okay. I wouldn't carry a bal at all if I were you, for at least six months. I'd PIF each month, with your reporting utli around 10%.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
+1

Here's my .02 on opening too many TLs and worrying about it later. One of the reasons the new sub-board was established was so people would not get caught up in the windstorm of approvals. Applying and being approved is a wonderful feeling ESP if you are new to credit or reestablishishing. Learning how to handle/manage cc's is just as important as being approved.

End of rant.

+1000

Wiser words couldn't have been said!

Message 14 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Cards I was approved for this month;

Discover IT $800

Chase Slate $1000

Chase Freedom $1500

Duck Card $1000

DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $6000

Victoria Secret $350

JCrew ?

Express ?

Buckle ?

Walmart Store Card $700

Macy's $600

Dillards $200

I'm MOST afraid to lose anything with Chase...I'm just going to do what everyone is saying and keep UTL low and PIF...I'm so ticked at myself for opening those worthless shopping cart trick CC's..Does anyone think closing those cards would help my cause?

i don't see a point in closing them.  If you'd prefer to SD them, that's certainly an option.   I think that's the lowest Duck Card CL I've seen and Dillards is a bit on the low side, too, so clearly the lenders got a tad nervous.  However you still got approved.  Definitely need to garden and only use the cards that have a good use for their best use.  If you're a frequent VS shopper, they have a good rewards structure.  The GE cards can definitely grow with you.  But defintiely keep UTIL low and sort out the best way to use these cards.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
+1

End of rant.

+1000

Wiser words couldn't have been said!

Well said Smiley Happy - Best of luck !

I feel you. Did a bit a crazy thing myself this year. End of 2012 I had a total of 2 cards with a CL of 8,5K and 8 months later with 6 new accounts my new credit line is 74,5K and total of 8 cards. This spooked some lenders (Chase and Discover). November is now the magic month for Barclays 6th months review and I also keep my fingers crossed for that one. AA on Barclays would really hurt me as this is by far THE BEST CARD for me Smiley Happy .. Lesson learnt and I will never do this again but rather app slowly with at least 6 months time between cards.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.