CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 46
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: Scared To Call....

CALL!!

I just got a similar message with Discover and was approved with a nice limit.

CAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 22 of 46
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Im curious and wondering if OP called as well.

Message 23 of 46
ibm650
Established Member

Bad news is not like fine wine, it does not improve with age

Message 24 of 46
RSCo
Established Contributor

Okay.. Sorry for the delay.. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

It's complicated - me and cap one...

They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

Sorry so long..  But will let you know what they say Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 25 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

They wanted to verify all kinds of data which they did.. The lady then forwarded my call to another department were they said they were not able to pull up my app, and I would have to wait 7-10 days for postal mail.. 

These people are simply nuts.. I've been a cap one credit card customer for 13 years, have a checking account with them and a 30k brokerage account with them..  For some reason they have me on 2 credit card products were they do not allow for customer initiated CLI requests... Both of these cards have a 300.00 and 500.00 credit limit, they've been at this level since I got them... I've NEVER been late on anything of them, never a negative mark against my cap one checking account and have had 30k parked in their brokerage account.. I'm completely mystified as to why the will not raise these credit limits OR approval a best buy card.. I've even talked to a branch manager with whom I meet and I showed her my brokerage statement from cap one and from trowe price with a combined 141k value.. She simply said that the cc products that I'm on does not allow for customer initiated cli requests and I would have to just wait for cap one to raise them automatically, but provided no criteria they follow that would trigger an increase.. So I left there quite pissed.. I then thought I would apply for a completely new cap one card, so I did and was immediately declined BECAUSE THEY DON"T ALLOW you to have more than 2 cap one credit cards of the same product... WOW...  So, If I close these out all together, then I lose 13yr credit history and aging.. I'm stuck...

I finally sent a letter to the CEO last week and make it very clear to him that I'm pulling my 30k out of my cap one brokerage account that's been parked there and I would NOT BE transferring in the 111k i have with another brokerage and I would simply just cancel all cap one business... I would simply shut everything down.. I received a call from his executive assistant within 2 hours of my email. She is going to present my info to underwriters.. No promises were made, except my promise to her that I'm transferring out my money and closing my accounts if they are not interested in growing the relationship..  Nothing really surprises me, but all of this has simply stunned me.. I cant imagine more examples of how to run off and to NOT attract customers than what I've gone thru with them.. It's stunning when I read all these folks with scores in the mid 600s with multiple cap one credit cards and capital one issued stored cards.. I've never had one negative mark with cap one across any of my accounts with them, ever..

btw - i just opened a new savings and checking account with Pentagon Federal Credit Union this morning.. I'm sure they will see the inquiry when they do yet another hard pull on my credit report when the cap one underwriters review my request..

Fingers crossed they help you out!!! I'd be closing up shop with them too if they didn't increase my limits.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 46
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I'll eat my shoe if Cap One does not give you a CLI from the executive offices.  They'd have to be idiots not to with those deposits in house.

I think Cap One CLI's are SP's btw.  It was when my wife did it anyway and that was last week.

Pesonally I perceive Cap One as a starter sub prime card really.  Their behaviour regarding customer initiated cli's reeks of sub prime type behaviour. 

As soon as I can cut them loose without screwing my AAoA I will.  Til then though, I have them relegated to the sock drawer.  No noms for them!!

They do serve a purpose though and I have never had their Venture card so I can't speak on whether or not their behaviour is any better for those holders.

I do know oour contact at the Exec office is EXTREMELY nice and respectful to us.  I give her a 10/10 on that one.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 27 of 46
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

I'll eat my shoe if Cap One does not give you a CLI from the executive offices.  They'd have to be idiots not to with those deposits in house.

I think Cap One CLI's are SP's btw.  It was when my wife did it anyway and that was last week.

Pesonally I perceive Cap One as a starter sub prime card really.  Their behaviour regarding customer initiated cli's reeks of sub prime type behaviour. 

As soon as I can cut them loose without screwing my AAoA I will.  Til then though, I have them relegated to the sock drawer.  No noms for them!!

They do serve a purpose though and I have never had their Venture card so I can't speak on whether or not their behaviour is any better for those holders.

I do know oour contact at the Exec office is EXTREMELY nice and respectful to us.  I give her a 10/10 on that one.

Mine was on-par too. I definitely thought they was going to shoot me down for a CLI but they proved me wrong!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 46
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Your credit is good. Do you have a lot of baddies on your report?

If no,

Run..... I can not even believe you are trying to resolve this relationship.  Run Run Run Run RUN and never look back.  Go to Chase, and open brokerage account.  Deposit the 140+K, and get the CSP with a 25K limit. 

Message 29 of 46
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you have not yet received a denial or an approval on the Best Buy card, correct? That one seems to still be pending.

Cap One is reviewing their policies right now and running experiments on customers whom they increase limits on through the executive office. If you just call any rep, you are going to get their canned line stating that your cards are ineligible for a credit limit increase. Being that you contacted the EO, I bet you will get CLIs on your cards.

Please let us know the verdict on the Best Buy card. The two card rule doesn't apply to store cards. I have 2 Cap One cards and a Best Buy store card.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.