cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared to apply

Established Contributor

Re: Scared to apply

**bleep** BofA with their whimpy credit lines.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 21 of 29
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared to apply



aftermath wrote:
**bleep** BofA with their whimpy credit lines.



This credit line was higher than Citi gave me at first. =\
Score Watch: EQ 767 (6/30/09)
Message 22 of 29
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared to apply

I called BoA to check what APR I received instead of waiting for the card. I actually got the 9.99% so I'm excited to get the card =]
Score Watch: EQ 767 (6/30/09)
Message 23 of 29
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scared to apply



Nmbr1ballr wrote:
I called BoA to check what APR I received instead of waiting for the card. I actually got the 9.99% so I'm excited to get the card =]


Sounds good! Even though you're not thrilled with the initial CL, BofA is usually very generous with CLI's, and they don't hard you for them.

You got their AmEx, right? Normally I'm not a fan of asking for a CLI on activation, but since you have a good income and reports, and the site did show $7,500 initially, you might want to do this. I think the way to do this is to not call the card activation number, but call the credit line instead and ask to speak with a credit analyst.

A CA gave me a CLI from $10K to $15K little over a month after activation, even though the front-line CSR couldn't pull it off.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 29
Established Contributor

Re: Scared to apply

Unless you're buying a house in the VERY next 2 months, stop being SOO paranoid over ONE inquiry and having a "higher" score bucket!! I wont devalue the importance of FICO but this high intensity-paranoa about it dropping 5-10pts isnt worth it!!

Also, go for Penfed as earlier recommended to exect a high initial CL, great rewards and awesome customer srvc and that ONE inq from Penfed can reap you ALL their products within 90 days of opening
Message 25 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Scared to apply

Penfed - I am not familiar with them . I am looking for a card that has a high CL (Transunion score 718), that also has 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases (want to get a CC on 0% so that I can pay it off quicker, and I may be looking to purchase a used car in the next couple months). 
 
Would this be a good card for me?  If not, can anyone suggest any better ones?
Message 26 of 29
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared to apply



haulingthescoreup wrote:


Nmbr1ballr wrote:
I called BoA to check what APR I received instead of waiting for the card. I actually got the 9.99% so I'm excited to get the card =]


Sounds good! Even though you're not thrilled with the initial CL, BofA is usually very generous with CLI's, and they don't hard you for them.

You got their AmEx, right? Normally I'm not a fan of asking for a CLI on activation, but since you have a good income and reports, and the site did show $7,500 initially, you might want to do this. I think the way to do this is to not call the card activation number, but call the credit line instead and ask to speak with a credit analyst.

A CA gave me a CLI from $10K to $15K little over a month after activation, even though the front-line CSR couldn't pull it off.



Yes I got the AMEX Accelerated Rewards Card. I am not too worried about the initial CL I was given, I mean if it was more initially great, but $5,000 isn't too bad. I think I might just wait the few months then ask for $10,000 then another few months then ask for $15,000. Thats my goal for right now to get both at at $15,000 limit.

Right now my Citi has been at $11,000 for a pretty long time. And every time I hit the CLI button it wants me to fill out information. I called the number on the back of my card and they said the same thing, that they needed information. Do you think it is because I have carried a balance on it for about a year? I am hoping when the balance is PIF by mid August that sometime after that I can get another increase without needing a hard pull.
Score Watch: EQ 767 (6/30/09)
Message 27 of 29
Valued Contributor

Re: Scared to apply

It might be the balance or it might be that they don't have what they consider to be current income information on you. If you made only 30k when you first got the card and now want a 15k line that might set off some alarm bells. They might want to hear, well actually my income is now 80k or something like that.
Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared to apply



debtisgood wrote:
It might be the balance or it might be that they don't have what they consider to be current income information on you. If you made only 30k when you first got the card and now want a 15k line that might set off some alarm bells. They might want to hear, well actually my income is now 80k or something like that.



Thats what I was afraid of but on the CLI page, it says: Annual household income, so even though I don't make a lot of money, I put down a much higher number because I include my mom's income as well, so I'm pretty sure what they have is a higher number than what I personally actually make.
Score Watch: EQ 767 (6/30/09)
Message 29 of 29