Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared to use my cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scared to use my cards!

HAHA! As the subject says, I'm scared to make purchases on my cards. I've received 3 credit cards since my BK7 was discharged on 1/13/15. I can't believe it! I have yet to make a purchase on any of them. :-/ My First Premiere card already came with a balance or $75 which I swiftly paid down to $20 in attempts to show some CC Utilization. The other two don't have balances on them. I'm not exactly sure why I'm scared to make purchases. It's not like I can't pay them off. I have a good job. At the same time, I don't necessarily need them. My cash on hand is enough to pay for whatever I need. I didn't file my BK7 because of credit cards. Actually, no credit card companies were burned in the process. I've only ever had 3 credit cards prior to my BK7 and I got them in 2004 and they were in collections by 2005. I was a terrible, terrible teenager! They've since fallen off my report and dissapeared.  Rebuilding credit is a scary journey. I was excited 3 weeks ago when I got approved for my cards and now I don't even want to use them. Woe is me! 

I honestly don't know what the point of me sharing this story is. HAHA. Thanks for reading. Comment as you wish! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Scared to use my cards!

Just use them. They wouldn't have approved you in the first place Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 20
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

It's like buyer's remorse and cc guilt all in one.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HAHA! As the subject says, I'm scared to make purchases on my cards. I've received 3 credit cards since my BK7 was discharged on 1/13/15. I can't believe it! I have yet to make a purchase on any of them. :-/ My First Premiere card already came with a balance or $75 which I swiftly paid down to $20 in attempts to show some CC Utilization. The other two don't have balances on them. I'm not exactly sure why I'm scared to make purchases. It's not like I can't pay them off. I have a good job. At the same time, I don't necessarily need them. My cash on hand is enough to pay for whatever I need. I didn't file my BK7 because of credit cards. Actually, no credit card companies were burned in the process. I've only ever had 3 credit cards prior to my BK7 and I got them in 2004 and they were in collections by 2005. I was a terrible, terrible teenager! They've since fallen off my report and dissapeared.  Rebuilding credit is a scary journey. I was excited 3 weeks ago when I got approved for my cards and now I don't even want to use them. Woe is me! 

I honestly don't know what the point of me sharing this story is. HAHA. Thanks for reading. Comment as you wish! Smiley Happy

I'd be scared to use Credit One card too with no grace period. Smiley Tongue

But credit is meant to be used. I can understand where you'd be gun shy about swiping those cards with your recent BK.

Message 4 of 20
newstart2010
Blogger

Use them, pay them off each month.  Be careful of the payment fees for credit 1.  theycan be ridiculous.  Maybe only use it once every other month.  Good luck!!!

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever watched Nightcrawler? "FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real."

Don't be afraid dude. Just stay disciplined and everything will be golden.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont be scared! as long as you make your payments on time you will be good to go. you can even pay them each week so the amount does not accumulate to the end of the month! Smiley Very Happy

last month i let all my CC report a balance and it was not good lol specially since i bought a computer on credit but now i paid 5 of them which should bump my scores again.

Good luck!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

put your netflix bill on em and toss em in the safe if youdont want to make real purchases with them. My three garbage cards sitin the safe. phone bill, dishworld sports, myfico subscription respectively. total of 50 bucks a month between the 3. Autopay from CU account 1 day before the billing date, arrives 1 day after so the transaction can post, and back to 0. 3 nice ok's on my CR each month, no effort on my part.

Message 8 of 20
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Why credit one or fp.... the fees would be better used toward a secured card
Message 9 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:
Why credit one or fp.... the fees would be better used toward a secured card

Concur.  Start with credit union secured card (one that graduates after year or two), then in a year, app for BOA secured card,

you might find this thread helpful: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/m-p...

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.