New Contributor

Scenario question

I will be making a large purchase (couple thousand) and will be using my boa card since it has no interest until next July. My question is if I do not pay it off by then can I find another balance transfer deal where the card will be 0% interest and keep taking advantage like that? I figured that is fine to do but wanted to be sure. Thank you in advance guys!
New Contributor

Re: Scenario question

Bump
Established Member

Re: Scenario question

You technically can, and many people have done this and similar effects for "interest-gaining" rewards, where they would take out balance transfers and other intro APRs in very specific ways to deposit the free cash in the bank and earn some interest on it, all the while paying the minimum payments.  Then, when the offer is set to expire, they return all the money and PIF the card.  Only problem with doing what you propose is that you don't actually get rid of the debt, just move it around, so you may not qualify for another 0% APR balance transfer at the time if your utilization is still too high.  Other things to watch out for are balance transfer fees, so even if there's no APR on the BT, you can still get hit with a $29 fee or 3%.  Read the fine print.

Hope this helps!

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.