Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Schwab Amex more information - available to apply 3/31

Thanks for the information.
Message 21 of 24
brother7
Established Contributor

It seems that many are disappointed in the new Schwab AMEX card. I have three 2% cashback-on-everything cards (Citi Double Cash, Fidelity Rewards VISA [soon], Priceline [grandfathered]) and don't really need a third one.

However, I'm considering the Schwab AMEX to preserve my "Member Since 2010" history since my one and only AMEX (Costco TrueEarnings) will be nixed in June 2016. I called American Express and was told I couldn't simply do a product change. I would have to submit a new application and it'll cost a hard pull.

Still deciding if it's worth a HP to preserve my 6 year history.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brother7 wrote:

It seems that many are disappointed in the new Schwab AMEX card. I have three 2% cashback-on-everything cards (Citi Double Cash, Fidelity Rewards VISA [soon], Priceline [grandfathered]) and don't really need a third one.

However, I'm considering the Schwab AMEX to preserve my "Member Since 2010" history since my one and only AMEX (Costco TrueEarnings) will be nixed in June 2016. I called American Express and was told I couldn't simply do a product change. I would have to submit a new application and it'll cost a hard pull.

I've not heard of anyone PCing into or out of TrueEarnings.

Also, backdating has been dead for about a year. A Schwab Amex would say "Member since 2010" on the card but would report to credit agencies as an account opened in 2016.

Message 23 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@brother7 wrote:

I've not heard of anyone PCing into or out of TrueEarnings.

Also, backdating has been dead for about a year. A Schwab Amex would say "Member since 2010" on the card but would report to credit agencies as an account opened in 2016.

+1

I went 15 years without any accounts with Amex, and last year when I opened two new accounts I'm greeted as a "Member Since 1995".  I can also vouch that backdating is indeed dead... I missed it on each of my new accounts by three weeks. 

It would have been 20 years of backdating on each.  Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.