Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwab Amex

tag
becontent
New Contributor

Schwab Amex

Hello all, 

I was wondering if anyone had any info about the Schwab Amex that's supposed to be released sometime in 2016?  Other forums like fatwallet, reddit, and maybe some others have been releasing bits and pieces of information.  Schwab did have a page up, but it was taken down...  

Anyways, just curious to see if anyone else had any info, as I'm looking to come out of the garden for this card.  

Thanks!

I think I'm gardening now...
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

Re: Schwab Amex

1.5% cashback - bummerSmiley Sad

If this was a 2% card I was going to come out of the garden for it.

Have to see what actually rolls out, but this isn't competitive. Considering its

an AMEX with higher swipe fees to defray cashback and Schwab account

holders usually have fairly substantial account balances parked for years,

it doesn't seem like Schwab is really making an effort on this card.

Have to wait for the rollout. As leaked, its a no-go for me.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been hoping for some sort of "reward multiplier" for Schwab customers like BofA's Preferred Rewards.

Message 3 of 21
lokobo
Regular Contributor

No go for me as well. Very disappointing. Especially with QS providing the same thing with no FTF and a lower minimum spend for the bonus.  Hopefully they took that page down to revamp their benefits because of the poor response to the rumors lol.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bada_bing wrote:

1.5% cashback - bummerSmiley Sad

If this was a 2% card I was going to come out of the garden for it.

Have to see what actually rolls out, but this isn't competitive. Considering its

an AMEX with higher swipe fees to defray cashback and Schwab account

holders usually have fairly substantial account balances parked for years,

it doesn't seem like Schwab is really making an effort on this card.

Have to wait for the rollout. As leaked, its a no-go for me.

Agreed, I bank and invest with schwab, and a 1.5% just will not inspire an application. I also have the Fidelity Amex 2% card, and was happy to see it would be converted to a Fidelity Visa 2% around mid 2016.

I would pick up the schwab card at 2%, I would also have to see what other perks are available. Amex has solid purchase protection and travel perks. But would have to review the agreement. Kinda a let down..

The scuttlebutt says, the card will become available end of first quarter or beginning of second quarter, we shall see.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Schwab Investor Card and Platinum Card for Schwab will be available March 31st, 2016. I would expect you to hear more from Schwab and American Express within the next few weeks.
Message 6 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't see how 1.5% that (presumably) has to be redeemed into a Schwab account beats 1.5% or 2% that can be redeemed anywhere.

Message 7 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't see how 1.5% that (presumably) has to be redeemed into a Schwab account beats 1.5% or 2% that can be redeemed anywhere.

+1

I'm not trying to be a 'Debbie Downer' (and this is no reflection on the OP - I appreciate hearing about new products) but I'm a bit disappointed as well.

I mean really... Capital One's Quicksilver has this beat, and in more ways than one. 

I would expect a Schwab/Amex match-up to have more to offer.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Platinum will have a $100 annual statement credit if you have $250k+ at Schwab, or a $200 annual credit if you have $1M+.

Combined with the $200 airfare extras credit, the net AF can be as low as $50.

Message 9 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Platinum will have a $100 annual statement credit if you have $250k+ at Schwab, or a $200 annual credit if you have $1M+.

Combined with the $200 airfare extras credit, the net AF can be as low as $50.

It looks like the Fee card (platinum?) will earn MR points, but the earn rate has not been stated yet. That is a different earning, even at 1 MR, from 1.5% cash back.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.