New Contributor
100down0monthly

Score: NFCU +10, DCU -10

3 weeks and 3 days ago I apped for a DCU savings account.  They sent a request for a utility bill, which I promptly emailed to them.  A week later, decided to follow up, and they claimed they didn't receive my email.  Sent it again.  Still NOTHING from them.  Not a very good first impression I must say.

As mentioned in another thread, I called to join NFCU, and after a 10 minute conversation with a rep became a member.  Savings and Checking....and preapproved for a cashrewards card.  This happened on a Friday.  The following Monday I get a nice call from a rep welcoming me.   A VERY GOOD first impression.

At this point, I totally regret wasting a HP on DCU.  If they can't even get a simple savings application right, I don't have much hope for future CS interactions with them.  I know many have had very good luck with them, but I just don't feel like I should be arsed to chase them around just to open a freakin' savings account.

New Contributor
100down0monthly

Re: Score: NFCU +10, DCU -10

In all fairness to DCU, I again asked about my application via live chat.  AGAIN they asked me for the utility bill that I've already sent to them twice before.  Man, I regret that HP.

09Lexie

Sorry about the frustrations with joining DCU. Their membership dept has been hit and miss lately but once you are in I have no doubt you'll be satisfied.
New Contributor
100down0monthly

09Lexie wrote:
Sorry about the frustrations with joining DCU. Their membership dept has been hit and miss lately but once you are in I have no doubt you'll be satisfied.

I know Lexie.  I just think they need to get on the ball.  All 3 of my reports reflect my info I've provided them...and dragging it out by claiming "they haven't received my info" is just bordering ridiculous.

09Lexie

[ Edited ]
They have been dropping the ball for some lately. Their excuse is the influx of new member apps. Guess myFICO is really spreading the word.

Edit: typo
New Contributor
100down0monthly

09Lexie wrote:
They have been dropping the ball for some lately. Their excuse is the influx if new member apps. Guess myFICO is really spreading the word.

That's quite possible.  I just don't get it in that all of my info is on my reports, and it takes so long to get an approval for a deposit account.  I don't have a single neg on my reports and my scores are: TU 751 (wally), EX 749 (lender pull), EQ haven't pulled a score from anywhere...but same info reporting across all 3. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+