Established Contributor
MountainHiker

Score Simulator Challenge!!

Ok, making a credit card payment tomorrow and goal is to maximize my score.Used the simulator inputing various amounts.Appears that the increase in score was greatest in the 2-8% range.Should I go high with 8% or keep the Util closer to 2%?  Keep in mind I have only one credit card. Got to get this right.Auto shopping soon!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Re: Score Simulator Challenge!!

what are your scores? 

and if your using the best course of action, keep in mind thats over a 24 month period. not pif or paid down in this case. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 9/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
MountainHiker

MountainHiker wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

what are your scores? 

and if your using the best course of action, keep in mind thats over a 24 month period. not pif or paid down in this case. 

Hi

Scores are EQ-FICO 708,EX-PLUS 705,TU-FICO 710. Not the best but hoping to improve them.

Goal 750 Across

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

[ Edited ]

MountainHiker wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

what are your scores? 

and if your using the best course of action, keep in mind that's over a 24 month period. not pif or paid down in this case. 

Hi

Scores are EQ-FICO 708,EX-PLUS 705,TU-FICO 710. Not the best but hoping to improve them.

what is the balance/limit now? 

with one card its kind of hard to tell. 

Also are you financing or leasing?  

I'm in the same boat. I believe my scores will be in the 700's when all my accounts update. 

I have one card with a balance and before statement closes im paying it to reflect a total of 5 percent util. nothing in specific just my personal preference. 

im going car shopping sept 3rd (all the deals are away the 4th) 

and my car wont last me past the first week of September. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 9/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
MountainHiker

OlegWasHere wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

OlegWasHere wrote:

what are your scores? 

and if your using the best course of action, keep in mind that's over a 24 month period. not pif or paid down in this case. 

Hi

what is the balance/limit now? 

with one card its kind of hard to tell. 

Also are you financing or leasing?  

I'm in the same boat. I believe my scores will be in the 700's when all my accounts update. 

I have one card with a balance and before statement closes im paying it to reflect a total of 5 percent util. nothing in specific just my personal preference. 

im going car shopping sept 3rd (all the deals are away the 4th) 

and my car wont last me past the first week of September. 

My Limit is $2K, balance is about $650. Not sure if I should go to 8% util or lower.Opinion?

Goal 750 Across

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

[ Edited ]

MountainHiker wrote:

Ok, making a credit card payment tomorrow and goal is to maximize my score.Used the simulator inputing various amounts.Appears that the increase in score was greatest in the 2-8% range.Should I go high with 8% or keep the Util closer to 2%?  Keep in mind I have only one credit card. Got to get this right.Auto shopping soon!!

Everyone's situation is different and there is no one size fits all approach to this and therefore no "ideal" number.

You might have to play around with the percentages for a few months to see what works best for you. Some people say that 1-3% utilization helps the most. For others it might be 5-9%. As I said it's not one size fits all.

Established Contributor
MountainHiker

MarineVietVet wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Everyone's situation is different and there is no one size fits all approach to this and therefore no "ideal" number.

You might have to play around with the percentages for a few months to see what works best for you. Some people say that 1-3% utilization helps the most. For others it might be 5-9%. As I said it's not one size fits all.

Maybe I should split the difference and go with 5% see how my score responds.

Goal 750 Across

Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

I'd start as low as possible. And work my way up each statement till it plateaus or lowers. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Established Contributor
MountainHiker

iMacDrew wrote:

I'd start as low as possible. And work my way up each statement till it plateaus or lowers. 

Have you notice a score increase pattern by starting very low 1-3% and working upward?

Goal 750 Across

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}