Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score mailed upon approval question...

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Score mailed upon approval question...

Does the score you're sent with a new card include the hit from the inquiry you took to get the card or no?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Score mailed upon approval question...

I would say no. Correct me if I am wrong

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Do they mail scores out with approvals? I have only seen a score with a denial letter.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 10
Erica1
Regular Contributor

It is most often from the company's internal scoring system as well as opposed to being a FICO score so you may want to keep that in mind.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 4 of 10
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Do they mail scores out with approvals? I have only seen a score with a denial letter.

i recently got a new BofA cash rewards card at 12.99% apr (the lowest offered for that card) - no score was included.

my understanding is that scores are required for denials... or if when you are approved, you are not given the lowest apr

Message 5 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I would say no. Correct me if I am wrong

+1

Message 6 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Imua wrote:

@Epcot wrote:

i recently got a new BofA cash rewards card at 12.99% apr (the lowest offered for that card) - no score was included.

my understanding is that scores are required for denials... or if when you are approved, you are not given the lowest apr

I agree. I actually did receive a score for my TD Bank Easy Rewards card but did not receive the lowest APR. They supplied me with my score and things on my report that affected my score.

Message 7 of 10
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Most of the approvals and denials have come with scores. It didnt matter if it was from Chase or my credit union loan dept. They seem to be sending scores with there decisions. With my friends it been the same too. I dont believe it includes the hit to score as well. That should happen after it post to CRA.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 8 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Chase denied me without supplying a score.

Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If a FICO score was used, then a hit, if any at all, would be included in that score.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.