Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score needed for Chase Ink?

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Re: Score needed for Chase Ink?

Yes, each time you call you deal with a different person. Make sure you are confident and reasonable in your counter arguments to their questions. Remember you are the customer.

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 21 of 31
dpride86
Regular Contributor

yes call again.

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 22 of 31
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Oh man I got the same representative this time. I feel so ashamed lol.

He said unfortunately our decision would still remains the same.

Its funny myfico gurus are working so hard to get me approved. Gotta love myfico & you all Smiley Happy
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 23 of 31
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Call back tomorrow and ask if they would reconsider your application, it is after all the reconsideration line.

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 24 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

How long have you had those two cards? They have already given you 15500 in credit and with such a short history, that is probably all the feel comfortable giving you right now. You can see if you can move some limit from the other cards to get it approved.

Message 25 of 31
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

SW is 4 months old
Freedom is less than a month old
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 26 of 31
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

The only reason why I'm not transferring limit to get approved is because I want to have high limit cards so that in the upcoming apps, lenders match my high limit cards
Message 27 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:
The only reason why I'm not transferring limit to get approved is because I want to have high limit cards so that in the upcoming apps, lenders match my high limit cards

I understand your thinking but (3) $5000 cards aren't bad and you get the card you wanted plus ink rewards back in the process

Any future lenders would still see nice limits and attempt to try and steal your business by offering higher limits

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 28 of 31
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Ya you're right. I'll call in tomorrow & request for recon again. If denied, I'll present the option to transfer limits
Message 29 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@cowboyguy wrote:

I understand your thinking but (3) $5000 cards aren't bad and you get the card you wanted plus ink rewards back in the process

Any future lenders would still see nice limits and attempt to try and steal your business by offering higher limits

They will not see the Ink because it does not report to personal credit reports, unless it is defaulted on. You can still get high limits without other high limits, which is contrary to popular belief. I really think you won't get approved since those two cards are so young. You can always try again, but it is likely it will remain declined.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.