Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score needed for Discover IT Card?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Score needed for Discover IT Card?

My Girlfriend is thinking about apping for a Discover card and not sure which one is best or easiest to get.She was considering the IT card but unsure what type of score is needed to get that card.Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S.  Her TU is about 692 FICO

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Score needed for Discover IT Card?

I would say 660 at least no recent baddies or unpaid COs. Some payment history with a CC at least 6 months. YMMV of course.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

All other things being good, that score should qualify her as long as she has a decent profile with no recent baddies.

Message 3 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

My Girlfriend is thinking about apping for a Discover card and not sure which one is best or easiest to get.She was considering the IT card but unsure what type of score is needed to get that card.Any suggestions?

Thanks

From the Discover website, it's pretty much IT or nothing!  The IT card has replaced the More card, the only other personal card would be the IT for students.  There are several business cards offered, but that's about IT! Smiley Happy 

While they formerly had other cards that customers still hold, I don't think anything else is available to apply for, at least not from their website.

Message 4 of 6
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Thanks

From the Discover website, it's pretty much IT or nothing!  The IT card has replaced the More card, the only other personal card would be the IT for students.  There are several business cards offered, but that's about IT! Smiley Happy 

While they formerly had other cards that customers still hold, I don't think anything else is available to apply for, at least not from their website.

They also have a "Miles by Discover" credit card you can apply for on their website. Its located on the very bottom of their website under "credit cards". Its not very prominent probably because they're pushing their IT product.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 5 of 6
Bobert22
Contributor

I believe if you call in and apply over the phone, you can apply for the Discover More card. Also make sure to ask for the $200 cash back welcome bonus after spending $1500 in first three months. And then if you really wanted the IT card, you can PC the More card to the IT card.

That's what I did in January. Smiley Happy
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.