Established Contributor

Score needed for Discover IT Card?

My Girlfriend is thinking about apping for a Discover card and not sure which one is best or easiest to get.She was considering the IT card but unsure what type of score is needed to get that card.Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S.  Her TU is about 692 FICO

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Mega Contributor

Re: Score needed for Discover IT Card?

I would say 660 at least no recent baddies or unpaid COs. Some payment history with a CC at least 6 months. YMMV of course.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor

All other things being good, that score should qualify her as long as she has a decent profile with no recent baddies.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

MountainHiker wrote:

My Girlfriend is thinking about apping for a Discover card and not sure which one is best or easiest to get.She was considering the IT card but unsure what type of score is needed to get that card.Any suggestions?

Thanks

From the Discover website, it's pretty much IT or nothing!  The IT card has replaced the More card, the only other personal card would be the IT for students.  There are several business cards offered, but that's about IT! :smileyhappy: 

While they formerly had other cards that customers still hold, I don't think anything else is available to apply for, at least not from their website.

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 822 TU = 830 - 01/2015
Regular Contributor

thom02099 wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Thanks

From the Discover website, it's pretty much IT or nothing!  The IT card has replaced the More card, the only other personal card would be the IT for students.  There are several business cards offered, but that's about IT! :smileyhappy: 

While they formerly had other cards that customers still hold, I don't think anything else is available to apply for, at least not from their website.

They also have a "Miles by Discover" credit card you can apply for on their website. Its located on the very bottom of their website under "credit cards". Its not very prominent probably because they're pushing their IT product.

Discover IT: $17k | Chase Freedom Visa Sig: $5k | CSP Visa Sig: $7k | AMEX BCE: $20k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig: $5,4k | Citi Double Cash: $3,6k | Cap1 QS Visa Sig: $6k | Chevron: $3,5k | Macy's Store: $4,2k; Macy's AMEX: $6k | Kohl's: $2k | Best Buy: $500
TU FICO: 745 EQ FICO: 733 EX FICO: 733 (As of 10/30/14)

Contributor

I believe if you call in and apply over the phone, you can apply for the Discover More card. Also make sure to ask for the $200 cash back welcome bonus after spending $1500 in first three months. And then if you really wanted the IT card, you can PC the More card to the IT card.

That's what I did in January. :smileyhappy:
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.