Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score up 48 points after app spree

tag
14IS4
New Contributor

Re: Score up 48 points after app spree

@user5387 wrote:

If $1400 reported out of $78K, isn't that a tad under 2%?

Not sure where you got 0.01%.  Installment loans don't factor into revolving utilization.

If there's a drop between the before / after utilizations, that may help you.

I would also wonder if everything was fully reported by the time of the second score.  Did you look at a TU report to verify this?

Sorry yes it is around 1.7% that other number was work related and I don't know why I put it in there. I pulled my TU report on the 13th and verified the accounts were showing up.

Message 11 of 13
user5387
Valued Contributor

I expect your utilization was helped in two ways -- reduced overall utilization, and proportion of cards with balances (1/1 -> 1/8).

But I doubt this would explain the score jump.

Message 12 of 13
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Maybe you are just lucky! Lol. I don't understand such a huge jump as that. I'm sure utilization would help as mentioned but with reduced AAOA & INQ it's supposed to ding your score. This is why I can never figure out whey to expect.

I know new accounts didn't hurt mine too much but it sure didn't jump I had 30% ut on 1 low CL card & started carrying a balance on another. I then opened 3 new accounts those cards & INQ reported I only lost 2 points & I then regained them the following month. The biggest thing that hurts my score is utilization it seems.

3 months later I went up to nearly 50% ut on account counts 3rd card & 25% on the low CL card & about 25% on my other. Still PIF on my other cards but some small balances would report. I lost 8 points paid most down the next month I got 7 points back. PIF on everything except low CL card at 15% utilization & my DS also still reported the $400 balance & I know Freedom reported a small balance but I gained 20 more points.

I'm interested to see how my next app spree effects my score.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.