Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores After Re-Bucketing

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Scores After Re-Bucketing

Hello all...my question today is how long does it take for your scores to reach your prior actual "number" after you are re-bucketed? For example, my Walmart TU was at 735, and the primary negative factor was my AAoA, which was at 4 months. Later, when my Amex reported with a backdate of 1988, my AAoA went to over 4 years, yet my score went down to 697. This made no sense to me until I read about re-bucketing here on myFICO. Now my Walmart TU is at 708...slowly rising again. So, would a 6-month time frame be about right to recover your numerical "score?" Thanks.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Scores After Re-Bucketing

it really depends..... until we know the exact formula of FICO it is impossible to say and its pretty much a YMMV situation.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.