Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores = Which card?

tag
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scores = Which card?

I have no problems with my credit one card, and appreciated they gave me 400 credit line.  So far it is serving its purpose of helping me have some open tradelines with bright greek OK across the board.  I've had mine for about 9months now.  I was told 3 open tradelines are good to have. I had lots of baddies and closed accounts at the time.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zoe15 wrote:

What about a Bank of America secured card since it can upgrade to unsecured as your credit improves with time?

+1

The problem with rebuilder cards is once they have done their jobs you will close them and they will be off your CR in 11-12 years (1-2 year active + 10 years of postive TL report). You should keep a BoA secured will graduate to a secured card then it has the potential to have a CL as high as 5 figures. The fact that it will be your olders revolving tradeline is a super plus!

Message 12 of 21
namvet
Established Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

i have a lot of neg cred history, i do only have 1 CC and i am an AU on another.... my AAoA is 2.1 years, my oldest account is 4.4 years old. (i am only 22 - bout to be 23)

Ok so you "got a lot of neg cred history".  Don't get in a hurry to improve your score.  Stop...take a breath!  Ask yourself "would you loan money to you?"  Neg cr history will be history given time!  So you got 1 cc now so take care of it and it will take care of you.  Hey..you are 22....no need to worry.   BTW, Credit One has purpose and it may be calling your name.  Later on if you don't like the card then you can get rid of it.  Right now you need some help.  You can't erase your history fo deal with it for now.  Choose your next app carefully.  Wait 6 months for your next choice.  This is not rocket science.  Good luck!

Message 13 of 21
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Namvet, while your advice is good, my scores are just under 600 and i have one secured card right now, about to hop into a mortgage within the next year.... the thing is, my life is progressing faster then my score.... just because i am 22 doesnt mean i shouldnt own a home.... my screw ups while i was younger does... which i am attempting to fix.... thanks for your advice, but i am simply trying to move with the speed of my life. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BadCredBen wrote:

Namvet, while your advice is good, my scores are just under 600 and i have one secured card right now, about to hop into a mortgage within the next year.... the thing is, my life is progressing faster then my score.... just because i am 22 doesnt mean i shouldnt own a home.... my screw ups while i was younger does... which i am attempting to fix.... thanks for your advice, but i am simply trying to move with the speed of my life. 

If that is the case. Go ahead and get a Cred1 card and while your at it you should also be approved for a First Premier Card. Hold on to the cards for a year and get your mortgage. Then simply close the accounts. Many of the negative factors regarding the subprime cards are associated with those who don't pay their bills on time. If you pay your bills then having a couple of subprime cards will only help you and will never hurt you. This is the cost of your previous "screw ups" and the price you have to pay in an attempt to "fix" your finances. Don't worry about AFs as they come with prime and super prime cards so I don't think that is an issue.

Message 15 of 21
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Thanks you all. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 16 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i think its going to take some time

Message 17 of 21
namvet
Established Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

Thanks you all. 

Hey i was 22 once!  Best of luck to you and in the future i hope you will be called GoodCredBen!  When i was 22, i had no clue what credit was.  Oorah!

Message 18 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@namvet wrote:

@BadCredBen wrote:

Thanks you all. 

Hey i was 22 once!  Best of luck to you and in the future i hope you will be called GoodCredBen!  When i was 22, i had no clue what credit was.  Oorah!

niether did iSmiley Surprised

Message 19 of 21
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

I think you need to wait longer and let your scores get a little higher. Better luck around 660. With low inquiries and low balances in the ones you have!!! Good luck

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.