Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores a little over 600...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores a little over 600...

and i have only have 3 accounts currently open. One is my toyota financial car payment. the other is a hsbc best buy card with a cl of 800 and a cap one card with a cl of 300. was wondering if it would be good or even ok for me to apply for one or two more credit cards. if so where should i apply to get a higher cl and decent rates. A limit of 3-500 isnt really worth my time i would assume. scores are 609/617/627
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores a little over 600...

CapitolOne would probably give you another card, but it would have a crappy limit. You might want to try WaMU - my husband has a 600ish credit score and they just approved him for a couple of thousand about 6 months ago. It has some zero APR for 6 months, but then I imagine it'll go a lot higher.

Message Edited by siang on 07-26-2008 08:59 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i know which cards are wamu? the ones they suggest on myfico  dont really say what bank they are through do they?
Message 3 of 5
GFer
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd go visit local credit unions. Print out your recent nyFICO scores and reports, especially EQ, and ask a credit/ loan officer to take an unofficial look at them and make an educated guess as to whether they could work with you. If you find one that you like, you could then authorize a hard pull. Even if they offer you a secured card, it would be a good start. It's also a handy way of enforcing savings. Smiley Wink

CU's are frequently more willing to work with young people and rebuilders than are the big banks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.