Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores all over the place?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores all over the place?

My scores using vantagescore were 645 tu, 630, eq, 640 experien after my last big application spree.

My fico score equifax went from 690-672. simulator says 6 months and I should be 702 and 2 years 762 based on good credit history. is it worth it to pay 32 bux for the other 2 fico scores? do i trust the vantage scores and why are they so much lower then myfico?

thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores all over the place?

Vantage scores are fako, there is no need to pay attention to them, as they are useless.

If you are about to purchase or app for something, then yes, it is good to check your scores. Other than that there is really no need.
Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores using vantagescore were 645 tu, 630, eq, 640 experien after my last big application spree.
My fico score equifax went from 690-672. simulator says 6 months and I should be 702 and 2 years 762 based on good credit history. is it worth it to pay 32 bux for the other 2 fico scores? do i trust the vantage scores and why are they so much lower then myfico?
thanks.

Are you really sure that these were Vantage scores? There is only one Vantage score--that's their gimmick. The three CRA's got together and created a score that pulls from all three reports and gives the main emphasis to the most recent 24 months of history. Some lenders are starting to pull it, but from what I've read, they also pull FICO's (probably trying to compare the two.)

The only way that you get a Vantage score is to go to their website and pay for it there. And again, there's only one, not three.

There are a zillion FAKO's out there, many of which come with three-in-one monitoring services like TrueCredit and CreditSecure, and others which are purchased from EX and TU. (EQ sells the FICO EQ on its website.)

So to answer your question, yes, it's worth paying for the FICO EX and TU scores (again, you have to get them here), so that you know where you really are. You don't have to buy them ridiculously often like I do. Smiley Happy It's just a good idea to get all three as a baseline --kind of like getting going to the doctor for a physical, but for your credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that it was a FAKO and not the vantagescore. I'm really new to all this scoring.
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I see that it was a FAKO and not the vantagescore. I'm really new to all this scoring.

Believe me, it took me months. And I still get surprised on a daily basis. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad. At one point EVERY one on here had a problem understanding, this i why we are all on here, for knowledge. So just keep reading and you will learn a little more.

You are probably not as confused as you will get either. No one on here knows how the scores are what they are.
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

jaybee wrote: You are probably not as confused as you will get either. No one on here knows how the scores are what they are.
Understanding FICO scoring is an oxymoron Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I must assume to get the best cards I must lose the 1 derog and get my score back into the 700s. I'd like world signia, or visa infinite but I'm sure thats just dreaming....
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

At one point we all had a dream to get one card or another. So the key is dreams are not impossible. I personally thought I would never get a Citi, and I did.

Maybe you can't get those cards now, but with a lot of hard work and determination, you will be there.

Then you will come on here and tell everyone your success story, right?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that'sright. I had to physically stop myself from calling scotia bank and requesting one of those ultra premeir visa infinite cards!! the above listed cards I think are onlyformillionaires and above.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.