Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores are climbing slowly

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Scores are climbing slowly

I checked my scores and they gained a little bit. TU 705 / EQ 682 / EX 681. I hope I'll make the 700 Club soon on all 3 CRA's. Ouch, I am not sure how much damage the new sleezy BB RZ MC card with $300 CL would cause to my scores.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scores are climbing slowly

Getting there, getting there...

How many accounts have you gotten in the last 6 months? In the last 12 months?

If it's either 0 or some humongous figure, it might not hurt. If 0, one new account might be forgiven. If a humongous number, it might be like the way you broke the back of the inqs penalty, and the formulas have given up on ways of punishing you. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is showing new accounts affecting my scores 13.

As of 1/4/2009 Five accounts and 10 Inq' on EX should be year old.

By end of July 3 additional accounts should be year old.

Then 1  in Sept and 3 in November would turn 1 year.

I think end of July is a reasonable time to reach 700 club.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime between next week and mid March I will loose 6 or my 11 inqs. By July I will only have 1 inq and all my accounts will be 1+ years. I'm going to pull my FICO scores in March for the first time since last July and again in July. I'm pretty sure I'm in the 700 club now but I'm timing my credit pulls.

Good luck concorduser.

Message 4 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Congrats to both Concord and Beenthere

In no time you guys will be in the 700's.

Beenthere, i think you already are

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I am. I'm going to have about $20 on one credit card and know it before I pull my FICO scores again so that will be mid March. In December I'm going to have as perfect a record as any person has every had but with one small exception........one tiny itty bitty little 7 year old bk in an obsure little corner of all 3 of my credit reports; otherwise, flawless. LOL
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

beenthere wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I am. I'm going to have about $20 on one credit card and know it before I pull my FICO scores again so that will be mid March. In December I'm going to have as perfect a record as any person has every had but with one small exception........one tiny itty bitty little 7 year old bk in an obsure little corner of all 3 of my credit reports; otherwise, flawless. LOL

Don't forget, you'll need to pull your EX score by Valentine's Day, due to Experian's decision to end consumer access to our FICO EX's. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I am. I'm going to have about $20 on one credit card and know it before I pull my FICO scores again so that will be mid March. In December I'm going to have as perfect a record as any person has every had but with one small exception........one tiny itty bitty little 7 year old bk in an obsure little corner of all 3 of my credit reports; otherwise, flawless. LOL

Don't forget, you'll need to pull your EX score by Valentine's Day, due to Experian's decision to end consumer access to our FICO EX's. Smiley Sad

Oh my goodness. What's this all about?
Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Bless your heart, you didn't see the banner on the log-in page?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=special_announcement

I don't think that anyone here knows why they decided to do this.
Message 9 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

As per EX stopping scores, it is one less thing I want to worry about buying to check my scores and I'll not apply with any creditor who looks at EX for credit approval.

There are so many companies that would approve credit by looking at EQ and TU.

I would just focus on pulling the fako scores from other monitoring reports and check my report accuracies. It is too bad for EX to stop selling their Fico Scores.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.