cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores are up, now I need some advice please. Want one more PRIME CC please help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are up, now I need some advice please. Want one more PRIME CC please help.

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your help here.  My current scores are TU 746 EQ 700 EX?

I just got my new AMEX Zync card a few weeks ago.  Also, my UTIL was 26% at the time of last Score but I've since reduced it to 5%.  I had 2 derogs showing on my CR, they fell off TU this month and my score went from 691 to 746.  EQ still has the derogs but they should be gone this month.  So hopefully I will clear 750, maybe even 760 within a month on both TU and EQ.

So here are my concerns and questions.  I burned Discover years ago so not sure I can/want to go down that road.  Same with Citi as well.  I have a Chase Business Card and have a checking and mortgage with BofA. No lates with either on file. 

Please, what cards do you suggest I app for?  I just want one Prime card with a decent CL.  Unfortunately I have the usual Orchard ($500) and Cap One ($750) cards...

I just want a decent CL so I can drop one of the 2 sub-primes.  I'd prefer they pull TU but not a must. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores are up, now I need some advice please. Want one more PRIME CC please help.

Are you looking for ...  

Rewards card? 

What type of rewards?

Any AF?

Do you have any acct with any CU?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores are up, now I need some advice please. Want one more PRIME CC please help.

Good questions. I don't care about rewards since the AMEX is my day-to-day card. I'd prefer no AF but not a must. I want something that will grow with me. Thanks. I do have an auto loan and savings with a CU and spoke to then about a CC and they said they would give me a $500 limit.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good questions. I don't care about rewards since the AMEX is my day-to-day card. I'd prefer no AF but not a must. I want something that will grow with me. Thanks. I do have an auto loan and savings with a CU and spoke to then about a CC and they said they would give me a $500 limit.

Which CU?   Is it a hard pull?   Only $500 CL?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was DCU, and yes it was a hard pull, in fact it was 2 hard pulls because I refi'd a car loan with them. I explained I thought it was ridiculous they hard pulled TWICE in the same day.  She was not very helpful and said it was for two products.  Yeah that I get, but how can you not have a centralized way of app'ing and not HARD pulling for each product.

Anyway, they said they could do $500 because that was where the rest of my cards are..

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was DCU, and yes it was a hard pull, in fact it was 2 hard pulls because I refi'd a car loan with them. I explained I thought it was ridiculous they hard pulled TWICE in the same day.  She was not very helpful and said it was for two products.  Yeah that I get, but how can you not have a centralized way of app'ing and not HARD pulling for each product.

Anyway, they said they could do $500 because that was where the rest of my cards are..

DCU  ...  is it   Digital Federal Credit Union ?

Ouch!  

That is not fair!   They don't have to match with your other ccs in this case.

So, you had Orchard $500, and Cap One $750.  Do you still have inq on these?

Then you got Amex Zync.   What is CL on this?     +1 inq.

Then you just added CC with $500.    +1 inq  =  2 inq  in 10/2010  ( will fall off in 2012.)

You refied your auto loan.  

IMO:

Make sure to keep all your cards and auto loan in outstanding status. 

Let the balance (low as possible) report on your 1 ~2 out of 4 ccs.

Wait at least a year to app again for prime cc.   You may see a new product ... who knows.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Yes its Digital Federal. No INQ on Orchard (4 yrs old) cap one shows still, app'd Jan 10. Haven't had a late in 5 years and 9 months of any kind. Agreed they didn't have to follow other lenders. I made sure I mentioned I was refinancing with them. Wouldn't budge. The funny thing was THEY offered me the CC during the app for the refi. They electrioncally gave me a $2500 CL and called the next day to say no go after manual process. Then I checked my CR and noticed the hards. They gave me a great rate on the refi @4.8% and the car's a 2004 so I'm thanking them for that but seriously??
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. Yes its Digital Federal. No INQ on Orchard (4 yrs old) cap one shows still, app'd Jan 10. Haven't had a late in 5 years and 9 months of any kind. Agreed they didn't have to follow other lenders. I made sure I mentioned I was refinancing with them. Wouldn't budge. The funny thing was THEY offered me the CC during the app for the refi. They electrioncally gave me a $2500 CL and called the next day to say no go after manual process. Then I checked my CR and noticed the hards. They gave me a great @rate on the refi @4.8% and the car's a 2004 so I'm thanking them for that but seriously??

So, your inqs are ... one in 01/2010 and two in 10/2010.   That's ok.

This is god! 

I would like to pass on the hauling's magic ward  "Gardening"    

Keep gardening your garden, then you will have beautiful flowers that you want one day.    Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.