cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

@Vegas247 wrote:

Yeah, I still cant believe it , that its 11k and I had 2 charge offs with Chase back in 2006 and never paid them....my TU was sitting at 782....with 3 paid mortgages in full....maybe the perfectly paid mortgages helped with other perfect closed accounts and a 92 k income.....still surprised me...before I apped, I asked the Chase csr if I get denied, if he could recon and at least match my 3500 Barclay cl.....I submitted and instant approval for 11k...The Chase CSR just started laughing when I told him I was approved for 11k....

INSANE! Chase doesn't seem to like giving me CLI's or high limits...but AMEX does! 

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 31 of 44
Shock
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

oh that is interesting...for me also Portland but double pull on EX and EQ. But constantly double pulls for anything even when score is >800 ...for me Chase is worse than Cap1 in terms of pulls and CLIs Smiley Sad

And Cap1 unfairly gets the brunt of the namecalling

Message 32 of 44
Shock
Established Contributor

Ideally, I want to wait until the quarter is over after I maximize the 5x on restaurants. But then again, next quarter will likely be gas, which is also a bulk of my spend...and I need to get that bonus! LOL. Just itching atm...

But to be honest, I think I may wait a few months...my derogs will be clear by the end of the year. Kind of a ways but I want to stack some money first, get approved for the card, put a down payment for my next car on it so the bonus is effective immediately, and pay in full. That way i don't have to worry about meeting it. And I want to do the same with the Chase United Explorer...however dont know if they will accept 2 credit cards for a down payment! AHH!

But thats kind of my tentative plan...

@One7 wrote:

Wow! That IS steep! I hope you get a great house Smiley Happy good luck. I also use my Barclays for utilities and try my best to spread love to my other cards. OP what do you think you are going to do? Apply or wait a bit?

Message 33 of 44
One7
Valued Contributor

I hope it all works out for you, my plan was to wait until this November to app for the CSP but one night on a whim I tried for it. It's super hard for me to garden, especially when 90% of my reading comes from these forums and it gets my application finger itchy

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 34 of 44
Shock
Established Contributor

@One7 wrote:

I hope it all works out for you, my plan was to wait until this November to app for the CSP but one night on a whim I tried for it. It's super hard for me to garden, especially when 90% of my reading comes from these forums and it gets my application finger itchy

Yep. Very hard especially when you read many many approvals. Can you elaborate on how you got 2 cards on one pull?

Message 35 of 44
One7
Valued Contributor

To be honest with you I did nothing special.  I didn't plan on applying for the CSP until August this year but seeing how I already had over 20 INQs on my report I figured what's one more? So I pulled the trigger and to my amazement I was approved instantly.  I was super happy because the CSP was my dream card and then a week later I figured why not try for the Marriott Premier Rewards,  maybe I'll get lucky, and sure enough I was approved instantly for that one as well. A couple weeks later I pulled all three of my reports and there was only one hard pull from chase. Which was pretty awesome

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 36 of 44
Shock
Established Contributor

wow. you must be in the minority then. for them to virrtually double pull everybody for low tier cards and then no pull their upper tier card is unfounded

Message 37 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock wrote:

wow. you must be in the minority then. for them to virrtually double pull everybody for low tier cards and then no pull their upper tier card is unfounded

Not certain; Chase only semi-recently started double-pulling at all.

Know the recent Chase Ink card I was approved for landed at least on EX; haven't seen any update from CK (not surprising giving TU's slowness) nor has the SW subscription I have noted it, so may have been just single.  Not worried regardless since I'm pretty much stuck not applying for anything else until I can document personal income again, though FWIW inquiries are so minor in the algorithm if you want a card badly enough to apply for it in the first place, I don't see where 2 HP's isn't worth it.

        
Message 38 of 44
Shock
Established Contributor

2 HP's is definitely not worth it if you get denied. But it's all relative. Double pulling for low tier cards make sense. Higher tiered cards generally yield more qualified applicants, hence only one pull may only be needed.

Message 39 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock wrote:

2 HP's is definitely not worth it if you get denied. But it's all relative. Double pulling for low tier cards make sense. Higher tiered cards generally yield more qualified applicants, hence only one pull may only be needed.

By that argument is any HP worth it if you get denied?

We have a culture of HP phobia here, in very few examples where someone either 1) has a massive priority such as a mortgage, or 2) random app spree for cards that will never be used (junk tradelines) they really don't matter... well, maybe to people who actually like Barclay's Smiley Tongue.

Once the first HP is on a given report anyway, it's all diminishing returns from the amount of damage an additional one will do.

Also, there's a few other things as one's credit report ages: typically lender pulls will cluster on a single report (mine happens to be EX as I live in California) when it comes to the higher tier national lenders, and inquiries on any of the other reports are typically one-offs or ones that you went seeking specifically (vis a vis my USAA credit card).

Secondly, other than the signup-bonus churners, even the majority of consumers on this forum eventually get to the point where they really can't improve their portfolio and it trends towards longer term "gardening" naturally.  Also I could make the argument that once the initial two sets of tradelines are set up in the current market, everyone should dovetail into this from a credit perspective, maybe it's more accurate to state after the third set which generally puts people at rewards complete.

In any event, HP's are temporary and minor, one year isn't very long once one's credit report matures, and as a result I don't really care if a lender double or triple pulls me, but in full disclosure I have only made one frivolous application ever and it would've been a wholesale upgrade: at a time when I had picked up an astonishing pre-approval so my report was now "busy" anyway so the additional use isn't consequential was my thinking.

I'd be a little more fustruated if they were double-pulling a single report: just because EX is my principal report doesn't mean I want two HP's on it for a single application, but fortunately from the money perspective that'll never happen other than in rare recon cases.

        
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.