Epic Contributor

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Shock wrote:

Do you have any other existing Chase cards or banking accounts?

They seem to LOVE current cardholders and issue HUGE CL's evident of my partners instant approval of $27k (he has Freedom already for $10,500)

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue

Shock wrote:

This makes me wonder...they double pulled me (EX EQ) here in San Francisco on both my Amazon and Freedom. Mind you, my credit limits are much much better now than when I applied for the two. Is this their policy to double pull or will a better credit file only warrant one pull?

Hard to say, I've only  been pulled once for all of my cc's.  Freedom, UMPE, ( CSP, Ritz -DH' is primary) for both CS +750 - income $162k

Established Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

They seem to LOVE current cardholders and issue HUGE CL's evident of my partners instant approval of $27k (he has Freedom already for $10,500)

Hmmm...Considering my Amazon was initially issued at $400, and was $700 when I apped for the Freedom a year later, a history of perfect payments only got me  $500 dollar start limit Smiley Sad

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Established Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
Hard to say, I've only  been pulled once for all of my cc's.  Freedom, UMPE, ( CSP, Ritz -DH' is primary) for both CS +750 - income $162k

Thanks Lexie. I will anticipate a double pull unless my score is over 750 Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I was approved not long ago instantly online for 5k. They pulled EX for me and my score was 660 with 22 INQs.  I had a paid collection from 2007 and then a week later got approved for 5k for their Marriott Premier Rewards. I've been banking with them for about a year and had my Freedom card for 4 months. I'm sure that helped. My score jumped up tremendously a month after when the 10,000 CLs were added to my reports and my baddie fell off. My utilization was at 10% and just had my new Citi TYP card report (5k limit which I hear is necessary to have at least one card with a 5k or higher before CSP is even considered). Good luck

MyFico: EX 778 EQ 787 TU 792 Diners Club WEMC 15k Chase United Club Sig 15k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Freedom Sig 5.4k | CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k Citi Exec AA WEMC 11k | TYP Sig 5k | Hilton Reserve Sig BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | Cash Rwds Sig 10k | Merrill+ Sig 10k Barclay Rwds WMC 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 10k | Aviator Red WMC 6k Amex PRG: NPSL | SPG 3k | Costco 1.2k WF Rwds Sig 9k | Propel World Amex 2.5k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k NASA 30k Discover It 2.9k | US Bank Plat 300 | Total Rwds Sig 9k | SG Rwds 9.3k | Walmart MC 6k | Lowe's 17k | Jared 7.6k | Kay 7.6k |McCoys 3k | J Deere 5k | Care Credit 7.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 5k | PayPal SC 5k | Chevron 2.5k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 13.75k | +3 Cards
Established Contributor

Shock wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Thanks Lexie. I will anticipate a double pull unless my score is over 750 Smiley Sad

Shock! My man! Are you getting a CSP? You will get it I'm sure.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $3500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $20k Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer $8000 Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus 11k VSiggy
Established Contributor

One7 wrote:

I was approved not long ago instantly online for 5k. They pulled EX for me and my score was 660 with 22 INQs.  I had a paid collection from 2007 and then a week later got approved for 5k for their Marriott Premier Rewards. I've been banking with them for about a year and had my Freedom card for 4 months. I'm sure that helped. My score jumped up tremendously a month after when the 10,000 CLs were added to my reports and my baddie fell off. My utilization was at 10% and just had my new Citi TYP card report (5k limit which I hear is necessary to have at least one card with a 5k or higher before CSP is even considered). Good luck

This gives me hope...my 16.6 AMEX limit hasnt reported yet, but my initial 7k limit has. Do you think that will make a difference in approval odds?

Shock wrote:

One7 wrote:

This gives me hope...my 16.6 AMEX limit hasnt reported yet, but my initial 7k limit has. Do you think that will make a difference in approval odds?

Income will matter too ESP if you are borderline

Established Contributor

Vegas247 wrote:

Shock! My man! Are you getting a CSP? You will get it I'm sure.

Really considering it...but my Freedom has 5% back on food right now..and I will milk that sucker first. Will also raise my internal score with Chase before apping!

Established Contributor

Shock wrote:

This makes me wonder...they double pulled me (EX EQ) here in San Francisco on both my Amazon and Freedom. Mind you, my credit limits are much much better now than when I applied for the two. Is this their policy to double pull or will a better credit file only warrant one pull?

I'm also in the bay area and Chase double puled EX/EQ for my CSP when I apped last year, I had myFico EX 817/ EQ 802. I apped a few days later for the Freedom and Chase double pulled EX/TU, myFico TU 776 (one account randomly comes and goes). I apped for the Hyatt 2 weeks ago and Chase double pulled EX/EQ myFico EX 767 / EQ 755.

My highest CL at the time of CSP was $10K, approved for $10K. Freedom approved for $13K. Hyatt was just approved for $10K.

I had a bit of a history with Chase in the past, so that may or may not warrant double pulls... I have no idea. But my scores, low util, no baddies, good size CLs, didn't seem to make a difference and still cost me 2 HP per app w/Chase.

Hope ths helps

7/11/14 EX 764 - EQ 756 - TU 783 -- (myFico) | 02/14/15 TU 797 (Barclay) | 01/10/15 EX 781 (FNBO) | Mouseover for CLs

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.