Reply
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,884
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Shock wrote:

Do you have any other existing Chase cards or banking accounts?


They seem to LOVE current cardholders and issue HUGE CL's evident of my partners instant approval of $27k (he has Freedom already for $10,500)

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,939
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Shock wrote:

This makes me wonder...they double pulled me (EX EQ) here in San Francisco on both my Amazon and Freedom. Mind you, my credit limits are much much better now than when I applied for the two. Is this their policy to double pull or will a better credit file only warrant one pull?


Hard to say, I've only  been pulled once for all of my cc's.  Freedom, UMPE, ( CSP, Ritz -DH' is primary) for both CS +750 - income $162k

Established Contributor
Shock
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-07-2013
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Creditaddict wrote:

They seem to LOVE current cardholders and issue HUGE CL's evident of my partners instant approval of $27k (he has Freedom already for $10,500)


 

Hmmm...Considering my Amazon was initially issued at $400, and was $700 when I apped for the Freedom a year later, a history of perfect payments only got me  $500 dollar start limit :smileysad:

 photo sig_zps91c0212c.jpg
Established Contributor
Shock
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-07-2013
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


09Lexie wrote:
Hard to say, I've only  been pulled once for all of my cc's.  Freedom, UMPE, ( CSP, Ritz -DH' is primary) for both CS +750 - income $162k

Thanks Lexie. I will anticipate a double pull unless my score is over 750 :smileysad:

 photo sig_zps91c0212c.jpg
Valued Contributor
One7
Posts: 1,810
Registered: ‎07-24-2013
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

I was approved not long ago instantly online for 5k. They pulled EX for me and my score was 660 with 22 INQs.  I had a paid collection from 2007 and then a week later got approved for 5k for their Marriott Premier Rewards. I've been banking with them for about a year and had my Freedom card for 4 months. I'm sure that helped. My score jumped up tremendously a month after when the 10,000 CLs were added to my reports and my baddie fell off. My utilization was at 10% and just had my new Citi TYP card report (5k limit which I hear is necessary to have at least one card with a 5k or higher before CSP is even considered). Good luck

MyFico Current Scores: EX 758 EQ 787 TU 723 (All 3 starting scores were mid 500s 2/18/13 )
Diners Club WEMC 15k | Citi AA Exec WEMC 11k | BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | BofA Cash Rwds Sig 5k | Merrill+ Sig 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 7k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Chase Frdm 5.4k | Chase CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k | Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex SPG 3k | Amex Costco 1.2k | Citi TYP Sig 5k | Barclay Rwds 5k | Total Rwds Sig 8k | Cap1 QS Visa 3k | SG Rwds 8k | GM WEMC 3k | Wlmart MC 4k | Discover It 1.4k | Dillards Amex 2k | NASA 30k | US Bank Plat 300 | Lowe's 5.5k | Jared 5.1k | Kay 5.1k | J Deere 5k | CareCredit 6.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 2.3k | PayPal SC 4k | Chevron 1.8k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 5.6k | +4 Cards
Established Contributor
Vegas247
Posts: 672
Registered: ‎01-20-2014
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Shock wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Hard to say, I've only  been pulled once for all of my cc's.  Freedom, UMPE, ( CSP, Ritz -DH' is primary) for both CS +750 - income $162k

Thanks Lexie. I will anticipate a double pull unless my score is over 750 :smileysad:


Shock! My man! Are you getting a CSP? You will get it I'm sure.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $3500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $9000 Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer $8000 Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus 11k VSiggy
Established Contributor
Shock
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-07-2013
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


One7 wrote:

I was approved not long ago instantly online for 5k. They pulled EX for me and my score was 660 with 22 INQs.  I had a paid collection from 2007 and then a week later got approved for 5k for their Marriott Premier Rewards. I've been banking with them for about a year and had my Freedom card for 4 months. I'm sure that helped. My score jumped up tremendously a month after when the 10,000 CLs were added to my reports and my baddie fell off. My utilization was at 10% and just had my new Citi TYP card report (5k limit which I hear is necessary to have at least one card with a 5k or higher before CSP is even considered). Good luck


This gives me hope...my 16.6 AMEX limit hasnt reported yet, but my initial 7k limit has. Do you think that will make a difference in approval odds?

 photo sig_zps91c0212c.jpg
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,939
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Shock wrote:

One7 wrote:

I was approved not long ago instantly online for 5k. They pulled EX for me and my score was 660 with 22 INQs.  I had a paid collection from 2007 and then a week later got approved for 5k for their Marriott Premier Rewards. I've been banking with them for about a year and had my Freedom card for 4 months. I'm sure that helped. My score jumped up tremendously a month after when the 10,000 CLs were added to my reports and my baddie fell off. My utilization was at 10% and just had my new Citi TYP card report (5k limit which I hear is necessary to have at least one card with a 5k or higher before CSP is even considered). Good luck


This gives me hope...my 16.6 AMEX limit hasnt reported yet, but my initial 7k limit has. Do you think that will make a difference in approval odds?


Income will matter too ESP if you are borderline

Established Contributor
Shock
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-07-2013
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


 

Vegas247 wrote:

 

Shock! My man! Are you getting a CSP? You will get it I'm sure.

 


 

Really considering it...but my Freedom has 5% back on food right now..and I will milk that sucker first. Will also raise my internal score with Chase before apping!

 

 

 photo sig_zps91c0212c.jpg
Established Contributor
vpae
Posts: 515
Registered: ‎03-21-2012
0

Re: Scores for Chase Sapphire Preferred?


Shock wrote:

This makes me wonder...they double pulled me (EX EQ) here in San Francisco on both my Amazon and Freedom. Mind you, my credit limits are much much better now than when I applied for the two. Is this their policy to double pull or will a better credit file only warrant one pull?


I'm also in the bay area and Chase double puled EX/EQ for my CSP when I apped last year, I had myFico EX 817/ EQ 802. I apped a few days later for the Freedom and Chase double pulled EX/TU, myFico TU 776 (one account randomly comes and goes). I apped for the Hyatt 2 weeks ago and Chase double pulled EX/EQ myFico EX 767 / EQ 755.

 

My highest CL at the time of CSP was $10K, approved for $10K. Freedom approved for $13K. Hyatt was just approved for $10K.

 

I had a bit of a history with Chase in the past, so that may or may not warrant double pulls... I have no idea. But my scores, low util, no baddies, good size CLs, didn't seem to make a difference and still cost me 2 HP per app w/Chase.

 

Hope ths helps

7/11/14 EX 764 - EQ 756 - TU 783 -- (myFico) | 7/30/14 TU 782 (Barclay) | 7/09/14 EX 790 (FNBO) | Mouseover for CLs

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}