Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores needed for Capital One Venture Rewards and VentureOne Rewards card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores needed for Capital One Venture Rewards and VentureOne Rewards card

I'm not applying anytime soon, but I am just curious if anyone knows what is the basic fico scores needed for the Capital One Venture Rewards or VentureOne Rewards card?

If you have one of these cards and you got approved, what were your scores and what was your initial CL?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scores needed for Capital One Venture Rewards and VentureOne Rewards card

I applied with a 647, eqafax, a 643 transuin and a 640 experian (excuse my baf spelling my S4 sucks Smiley Sad ) and the only reason I was denied was because of to many recent credit lines and not enough experience with high credit lines. That was for the venture one. But I also have almost a year with Cap One, which people say helps with other credit lines through them

Message 2 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I was approved in January 2014 with mid/upper 700 scores, clean files, 3 year AAoA, 3% util for $5k.  I only app'd because the bonus was bumped to 50k points.  CLI to $7k in June 2014.  Bonus and regular spend points post fast and redemptions post within a coupld of days at the most.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you don't care about visa signature card, you can always apply for quicksilverone or if you have any capital one card, ask them to convert it to venture card. I had 2 months old quicksilverone card which I got them to change to ventureone. they told me that i could change to venture card, but i didn't wanna pay annual fee.

Message 4 of 14
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I applied when I was around 667 EQ, 680 TU and 655 EX.  The highest limit I had at the time was $3000, also with CapOne, 4 INQs.  Instant approval for $5,000.

Message 5 of 14
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

@RedMiniStapler - I am considering calling CapOne for upgrading CapOne Platinum (Since 2003 - $2000 CLI) to Venture.

Current myFICO scores (11/26/2014) - TU 712 - EQ 676 - EX 663.

Did you call the number on the card or an EO number?  Also, did you also request an increase from current card upgrading to Venture at the same time?

Looking for mileage/travel card to build mileage before son is off to college next fall on east coast..lots of miles needed from west coast! Woman Sad

I can wait until April 2015 if better chance, as only CO (due to fall off 04/2015) and inquiry age/removals should have EQ and EX scores be above 700 than (TU already reflects early exclusion of that CO this month).

If you could pm me the number/info, I would appreciate it! Woman Very Happy

Happy Thanksgiving!

Message 6 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@LifeSAVERS wrote:

@Anonymous - I am considering calling CapOne for upgrading CapOne Platinum (Since 2003 - $2000 CLI) to Venture.

Current myFICO scores (11/26/2014) - TU 712 - EQ 676 - EX 663.

Did you call the number on the card or an EO number?  Also, did you also request an increase from current card upgrading to Venture at the same time?

Looking for mileage/travel card to build mileage before son is off to college next fall on east coast..lots of miles needed from west coast! Woman Sad

I can wait until April 2015 if better chance, as only CO (due to fall off 04/2015) and inquiry age/removals should have EQ and EX scores be above 700 than (TU already reflects early exclusion of that CO this month).

If you could pm me the number/info, I would appreciate it! Woman Very Happy

Happy Thanksgiving!

Are you sure you want to PC to Venture?  You'd be missing out on a good bonus.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied all 3 scores were in the 650-660 range and only other cc I had was my USAA card with 2$K linit.  Instantly approved for Ventures Signature with $10 K limit.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they werent EQ centric id have a shot at the VS version of this card im sure, lol.
Message 9 of 14
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

@B335is: - THANK YOU...YES!! I did not even think about the PC excluding the bonus!  Reeeally do not want to do that! Smiley Happy

As I really want that card WITH the BONUS for college visits next year, I might just wait until March/April 2015 and work on CLIs with current CCs. Hopefully, the bonus doesn't go away...or decrease, and additional CLIs could beef up the CL with the Venture card.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.