Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores take dramatic increase

tag
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Scores take dramatic increase

This site has been so helpful. I started rebuilding my credit lost years ago after enjoying a FICO of 800 plus for years. I watched it drop to 533 probably low 400 range to point I would not even check it. Today it hit a 15 year high of 765 with equifax 750. It still seems hard to get very high CL on my cards. One I have 7000 one I have 3500 another 2750 and finally 1650. I have been told now with scores in high 700 I need to apply for premium cards and not expect the capital one starter cards to give more cl. Apply for something like chase and discover or BAC or other. Any advise I am open to. I want to get back to 800 plus and never use it again. Thanks
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Scores take dramatic increase

First off, Congratulations! 

I love to hear these stories of people financially bettering themselves! 

Secondly: 

Depending on the age of your cap1 accounts, you can definitely request a CLI, either through the online CLI button in your account (which is a SP) and if that is a no go, you can go about contacting the executive office for help! They are usually more than willing to oblige down there!

As far as what cards to apply for next, things are a little different for you now! When you first start rebuilding you take what you can get, but now you're a catch, and what cards you want are all based on how you spend your money, and what will be most profitable, and useful to you!

Let us know what you like to spend money on and then we can help you pick cards that will suit you. Also any other information about your current reports will be useful. 

Your AAoA (average age of accounts), any negative items (collections, bk, charge offs), and how many inquiries you have on your reports! 

Message 2 of 14
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I spend on computer gear where I work on them things at the market, gas and such. I can't seem to get to the back office of capital one. I have no collections or anything negative to work on. I have a 5 year perfect payment history. I use all cards and keep a balance on one of my card each month less than 10%. I have worked on this since 2007. Some say I am obsessed but really I just love doing what is correct with my bills now. It feels good and the result on my FICO is wonderful. I just want high CL on each and all cards
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 3 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

For gas and groceries the sallie mae mastercard from barclays seems to be the big winner, 5% back on the first $250 in purchases monthly on gas and groceries (and books). I'm not sure if amazon counts as a book store for this card, if it does, and you happen to buy computer parts on amazon, that could be a big plus. 

As far as other cards, I mean, You could go for the discover it, or freedom (or both) for their rotating categories, or you could look into the fidelity amex or citi doublecash for their 2% flat rate back. 

What cards do you have now? 

Message 4 of 14
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I have the quicksilver at 3500 US air at 7000. I was thinking the Discover It and Chase Freedom or BAC
Message 5 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The quicksilver is a good card, if you google "capital one CEO email address" it will bring you the email address (on the first result) to get in contact with the executive office. 

The discover it is a good choice, as is the freedom, what is the BAC? I'm not so savvy on acronyms apparently Smiley Tongue 

try the chase prequalify tool. It surprised me today. 

Message 6 of 14
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Bank of America and I've tried to find the capital one number or email but every time I talk to someone they say run for a CLI online. I want them to look at my perfect payment history into affect. Customer service in the Philippines don't seem to care or take me serious.

Thanks for your input it helps.
Message 7 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@paramed3 wrote:
Bank of America and I've tried to find the capital one number or email but every time I talk to someone they say run for a CLI online. I want them to look at my perfect payment history into affect. Customer service in the Philippines don't seem to care or take me serious.

Thanks for your input it helps.

Definitely look into that email address. It's a very different experience. 

Message 8 of 14
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I can't find the email jsucool76. I've looked several times
Message 9 of 14
paramed3
Regular Contributor

When I ran my scores today and saw a 24 point bump I was so happy. I have worked so hard. I ck my payments 5 times a month to make sure I made them they have posted and such.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.