cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores too low for cards, and too high for others?!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Scores too low for cards, and too high for others?!

Mmmm, just a weird thought I have, but wonder if there's any sense to it. My scores range from 640-659 Fico. I try to do the "shopping cart trick" all the time to see if I get any pop ups, and I never do. I have GE and Comenity cards that I've had for awhile now, all in good standing. Anyway, went to One Stop plus and Torrid on line with aprs 29%+, thinking ill get a pop up at those stores because the apr is so ridiculous, and nope! Nothing, cleared cookies, started over, the whole works.... Still nothing. Wonder if I'm in credit limbo right now, with my scores to high to get 30% apr store cards, but too low at the present for anything else! Just a thought....

on a side note, I have no plans to get the cards, just want to see a damn pop up for once, LOL!!!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Scores too low for cards, and too high for others?!

@pizza1 wrote:

Mmmm, just a weird thought I have, but wonder if there's any sense to it. My scores range from 640-659 Fico. I try to do the "shopping cart trick" all the time to see if I get any pop ups, and I never do. I have GE and Comenity cards that I've had for awhile now, all in good standing. Anyway, went to One Stop plus and Torrid on line with aprs 29%+, thinking ill get a pop up at those stores because the apr is so ridiculous, and nope! Nothing, cleared cookies, started over, the whole works.... Still nothing. Wonder if I'm in credit limbo right now, with my scores to high to get 30% apr store cards, but too low at the present for anything else! Just a thought....

on a side note, I have no plans to get the cards, just want to see a damn pop up for once, LOL!!!

I have never got those popups to work it doesn't matter where my scores were either in the 600 or in high 700s . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive gotten one popup ever.
Message 3 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I don't get it.... I register, to everything I can to get my name and addy info in the system, I check out as guest, create accounts.... Everything and nothing!! Lol!!! I seriously give up. All I have is Apple products, phone and iMac, so im on safari.
Message 4 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I don't get it.... I register, to everything I can to get my name and addy info in the system, I check out as guest, create accounts.... Everything and nothing!! Lol!!! I seriously give up. All I have is Apple products, phone and iMac, so im on safari.

all i want them to say we are interested in you as an customer , i don't think i would ever take one of those cards with sp . I have used chrome, ie and firefox still nothing. I have tried incognito mode and it doesn't make much of an difference. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 28
Chris679
Established Contributor

How would the shopping card trick know your credit score?
Message 6 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

It matters not the browser (even if cookies and temp files are cleared).  Comenity pre-approvals are defined by a criteria that takes BK as one major factor in the promotional offers process.  The "fresher" or more recent the BK (or several other major derogatory information on your profile), the less the chance for these to display.  You can even try turning your PC upside down or revert to an old Windows based program.  Once your BK profile ages (depending on their algorithm - this adjusts periodically) then these would eventually display.  The algorithm criteria for these is separate than when you submit a cold app, regardless of score range (there is more taken into consideration besides the socoring factor).

Message 7 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Chris679 wrote:
How would the shopping card trick know your credit score?

It is a pre-approved offer that can obtain this information via SP data - it depends what is pegged to the algorithm criteria.

Message 8 of 28
Goodness
Regular Contributor

I feel have been trying for 4 months for the VS card, no popup!!!
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 9 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Fin.... Mmmm, never really thought about it like that! That's interesting and seemingly fitting for me.... Since I have a yr old BK showing. But I'm positive I've seen posts with people who discharged BK's 1-12 months post that they've gotten pops ups.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.