cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores too low for cards, and too high for others?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores too low for cards, and too high for others?!

They must take UTIL into account too because I have no BKs or explicit derogs. I have super high UTILs though (currently ~50%+, but used to be 90%), and have never gotten any SP approval to work (shopping cart tricks, GE CLIs except I think twice, BillMeLater auto-increase)... Scores have always hovered around 650-670 across all CRAs.

Message 11 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
Fin.... Mmmm, never really thought about it like that! That's interesting and seemingly fitting for me.... Since I have a yr old BK showing. But I'm positive I've seen posts with people who discharged BK's 1-12 months post that they've gotten pops ups.

It also depends on the partner program.  For instance, there are far more stringent criteria for specific Comenity CCs, especially those that are issued as Visa/MC/Discover, as opposed to the store versions.  Within the store versions, each loyalty partner program determines the elegibility criteria with Comenity or Comenity Capital Bank to determine they type of consumer demographics that fits their brand.  Some programs will have more of a "flexible" underwriting criteria more than others.  

Message 12 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My util reporting has never in the last 14 months since discharge ever been more than 2%. I usually only ever report 1% only on one card. So it has to be the bk . But like I said, I don't plan on taking them, I've got plenty of creditSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never get pop up for soft pull store cards Smiley Frustrated finally got one comenity card though, got orbitz card since i'm planning a vacay in vegas for new years, might as well use the card and get 50 bucks Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They must take UTIL into account too because I have no BKs or explicit derogs. I have super high UTILs though (currently ~50%+, but used to be 90%), and have never gotten any SP approval to work (shopping cart tricks, GE CLIs except I think twice, BillMeLater auto-increase)... Scores have always hovered around 650-670 across all CRAs.

There are lots of variables they take into consideration, and yes, utilization is also another component.  But, that's typically also with most lenders who pegged specific risks for all applicants.

Message 15 of 28
Goodness
Regular Contributor

EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 16 of 28
Goodness
Regular Contributor

Do reports have to be at certain score to get a popup, have read with very low scores get approve and high 600 scores nothing...
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 17 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Goodness wrote:
Do reports have to be at certain score to get a popup, have read with very low scores get approve and high 600 scores nothing...

Scores alone (even with a perceived ideal range) are not going to determine the pre-approval offer.  There are a lot of other combined factors that determine such elegibility.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Mmmm, just a weird thought I have, but wonder if there's any sense to it. My scores range from 640-659 Fico. I try to do the "shopping cart trick" all the time to see if I get any pop ups, and I never do. I have GE and Comenity cards that I've had for awhile now, all in good standing. Anyway, went to One Stop plus and Torrid on line with aprs 29%+, thinking ill get a pop up at those stores because the apr is so ridiculous, and nope! Nothing, cleared cookies, started over, the whole works.... Still nothing. Wonder if I'm in credit limbo right now, with my scores to high to get 30% apr store cards, but too low at the present for anything else! Just a thought....

on a side note, I have no plans to get the cards, just want to see a damn pop up for once, LOL!!!

I can take a screenshot for ya Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Mmmm, just a weird thought I have, but wonder if there's any sense to it. My scores range from 640-659 Fico. I try to do the "shopping cart trick" all the time to see if I get any pop ups, and I never do. I have GE and Comenity cards that I've had for awhile now, all in good standing. Anyway, went to One Stop plus and Torrid on line with aprs 29%+, thinking ill get a pop up at those stores because the apr is so ridiculous, and nope! Nothing, cleared cookies, started over, the whole works.... Still nothing. Wonder if I'm in credit limbo right now, with my scores to high to get 30% apr store cards, but too low at the present for anything else! Just a thought....

Yes, it's like in high school.  Remember when you were not good looking enough to hang-out with the head cheerleader, but were way too good looking to be with the divorced cafeteria lady?!?  Remember?... right?... or was that just me?...  In any case, you get the idea, it happens in all areas of life, to some people more than others, obviously....

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.