cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for two Credit Cards with a $5000 limit. (with a FICO of 640)

tag
shazzaezk44

Searching for two Credit Cards with a $5000 limit. (with a FICO of 640)

I'm searching for two or more credit card providers that might approve me for a card or two with a $5000 limit.  My FICO is roughly 640-645 and I've been employed for 6 yrs with an annual Salary of 75K .   I currently have only two accounts open an Auto Loan of a couple of years that I've never been late and a credit card that I've had for 3 yrs and have only been 30 days late once ( over a year ago).   Suggestions anyone? (Thanks in advance)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
shazzaezk44

Re: Searching for two Credit Cards with a $5000 limit. (with a FICO of 640)

I might add that my $1000 credit card limit has a balance of about $200 on it - Should I completely pay this off to increase my score or continue to make monthly payments to improve my credit history?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shazzaezk44 wrote:
I might add that my $1000 credit card limit has a balance of about $200 on it - Should I completely pay this off to increase my score or continue to make monthly payments to improve my credit history?

I would say yes to paying it off and letting it report before you app for another card.  If that is your only card, then you are showing a 20% util right now.  Paying it off will give you the best possible shot at not only getting approved but getting the limits you'd like.  Do you have any baddies or any other negatives that might hinder you?
Message 3 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

NFCU

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

cobra19 wrote:

NFCU

+1

NFCU and PSECU if you can qualify for membership

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@shazzaezk44 wrote:

Your credit card company will love it if you carry a balance from month to month. That means finance charges in their pockets. Always try and pay in full every month if at all possible. You can use your cards and never pay a penny in interest. 

Message 6 of 7
shazzaezk44

Thank you all very much for your input - I thoroughly appreciate the help. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.