Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears/CITI SP or HP for cli?

tag
ayles
Established Contributor

Sears/CITI SP or HP for cli?

So back in January I tried to get a cli on my Sears store card online and I got the 7-10 message and then the letter in the mail saying not enough time on current credit limit.  There was no hp.  Has anyone done the online cli request and then received a hard pull on their cr? I'm considering retrying but I'm gardening so don't want to risk it.  I hate talking to csrs though Smiley Frustrated so if I can avoid it, I will lol

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sears/CITI SP or HP for cli?

Since Sears is backed by  Citi i would say the odds of getting a HP on any of your CRs are high.  Citi changed recently its policy of CLIs requests in the main line of credit products and they now do SPs for those cards.... but it seems like they're still doing HP for cobranded store cards like Sears, home depot etc

Message 2 of 3
ayles
Established Contributor

Re: Sears/CITI SP or HP for cli?

@mnavas wrote:

Since Sears is backed by  Citi i would say the odds of getting a HP on any of your CRs are high.  Citi changed recently its policy of CLIs requests in the main line of credit products and they now do SPs for those cards.... but it seems like they're still doing HP for cobranded store cards like Sears, home depot etc

Thanks! I think I'll call and find out just to make sure although when I talked to someone last time they said they could not give me information relating to my credit report when I asked about the hp vs sp :-/

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.