Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Card through Citi.... Declined

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sears Card through Citi.... Declined

Computer declined application and customer service agent I spoke to from the phone number listed on denial letter says they don't have a credit department that can manual review applications, everything is done by computer.  They pulled EQ which is my highest, but computer denial said to many inq and delinquencies but never mentioned my bk
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears Card through Citi.... Declined

What's your EQ score? 
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What's your EQ score? 
I have been right at 642 for last year

Message 3 of 4
mt2va
Established Contributor

This is what happened to me a couple months ago.  I applied for the Sears Gold MC (Citi backed) at the store.  Was declined and they countered with the Sears Solutions MC (HSBC backed with no AF) so I accepted as I was just finally starting to get CC.  Well a week later I was in the store to make a purchase and the item I wanted was not in stock.  Comparable items were about 2 x the price.  I talked to the salesman to ask about CLI & he said no because I only had the card a week and hadn't made a payment etc.  I actually had 2 NFCU CC I could have put the purchase on but I didn't want to & didn't want to max out the Sears Solutions MC.  I was there a good hour looking at various comparable models etc to see what I could work out.  So finally I asked the guy again and he said I could apply for the Sears Plus Charge card.  (Citi backed)  I told him the week before that they declined me for the Sears Gold MC and I doubted in a week they would approve me, but low and behold they did for $1,800 which is my highest CL currently (and matches the highest CL I've ever started with on any CC ever). 

Moral of the story is that Sears makes no sense so it might be worth it to try for a different product. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.