Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Citi CLI procedure

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Sears Citi CLI procedure

DW has a lovely 250 dollar limit on her Sears card, with me as an AU.  We requested a CLI via email on the site today.  Has anyone here had luck getting that card raised?  What procedure did you use?

I hate to close it as it is helping our AAOA...  I'd rather keep it active but it's had to use at that limit.  

Anyone else get somewhere with these?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: Sears Citi CLI procedure

You could sneeze and spend $250 in Sears. 

Good luck with that request!

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 7
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

I've had one since 1996 that has been stuck at 750.00. Tried online and it was stuck in pending mode. I called to find out the status and they said they would HP. Got a whopping 100.00 increase. That was over a year ago. I never saw the HP on my credit report.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 3 of 7
LesWH
Established Contributor

I have a Sears Card through Citi that I have never used.  It has a $2,000 limit, but there really isn't anything in Sears that interests me.  I initially got the card to get a dishwasher, but found one cheaer elsewhere.  I've only had the card since September 2012.  Guess at some point I have to make a small purchase just to keep it active, but what is there in Sears worth buying????

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 4 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

Update: Sears Citi CLI procedure

We received an email reply from customer service telling us how to find the luv button.  It gave a form to input increase requested, income, and mortgage payment.  We asked for 4,750 to put it at 5k.  

It asked for permission to check credit; we'll see if it's hard or soft.  Then thy gave a 7-10 day message.  Lovely.

As far as what to buy to keep it active; I'm pretty sure you can use them at K-mart too.  I see a blue Icee in my future.

Message 5 of 7
colindidit
Established Contributor

Lol at the blue icee. My parents used to have these cards and hard very high limits. They used them to buy appliances. Closed them a long time ago still paying them off lol.. I wish someone would of added me as an AU on their card growing up .. My credit would probably be so much better right now.. At least the AAoA would be
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 6 of 7
Croselx
Contributor

For CLI you can do over the phone = HP. Can also request on the website, but it is another HP. I asked about auto-CLI after 6 months of on-time payments and was told to just wait, but that it wasn't common. I take their word on it seeing as my mom had a $3.3K limit since 2000, kept util low, never missed any payments and never got a CLI. They sure were quick to lower her limit in 2008 when she temporarily had high util (75%) and limit chased until she closed the card.

Since it isn't your card I would recommend to apply for your own card and add your wife as an AU. Higher chances of a high limit that way. Of course only do it if you really need to use the card for the special financing. Otherwise just do what p- is doing.. a blue Icee every few months doesn't sound so bad.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.