Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Sears Citi CLI procedure

DW has a lovely 250 dollar limit on her Sears card, with me as an AU.  We requested a CLI via email on the site today.  Has anyone here had luck getting that card raised?  What procedure did you use?

I hate to close it as it is helping our AAOA...  I'd rather keep it active but it's had to use at that limit.  

Anyone else get somewhere with these?

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 828 - EQU:820 - TRAN: 828 - AVG: 825 +275 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Contributor

Re: Sears Citi CLI procedure

You could sneeze and spend $250 in Sears. 

Good luck with that request!

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Frequent Contributor

I've had one since 1996 that has been stuck at 750.00. Tried online and it was stuck in pending mode. I called to find out the status and they said they would HP. Got a whopping 100.00 increase. That was over a year ago. I never saw the HP on my credit report.

Meg.

FICO: 10/2015 - TU 796 | EQ 801 | EX 806

FNBO 19,650 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays / Sallie Mae WMC 13,000 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | Discover IT 8,300 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Amex SPG 5,700 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Established Contributor

I have a Sears Card through Citi that I have never used.  It has a $2,000 limit, but there really isn't anything in Sears that interests me.  I initially got the card to get a dishwasher, but found one cheaer elsewhere.  I've only had the card since September 2012.  Guess at some point I have to make a small purchase just to keep it active, but what is there in Sears worth buying????

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Valued Contributor

Update: Sears Citi CLI procedure

We received an email reply from customer service telling us how to find the luv button.  It gave a form to input increase requested, income, and mortgage payment.  We asked for 4,750 to put it at 5k.  

It asked for permission to check credit; we'll see if it's hard or soft.  Then thy gave a 7-10 day message.  Lovely.

As far as what to buy to keep it active; I'm pretty sure you can use them at K-mart too.  I see a blue Icee in my future.

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 828 - EQU:820 - TRAN: 828 - AVG: 825 +275 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Established Contributor

Lol at the blue icee. My parents used to have these cards and hard very high limits. They used them to buy appliances. Closed them a long time ago still paying them off lol.. I wish someone would of added me as an AU on their card growing up .. My credit would probably be so much better right now.. At least the AAoA would be
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Contributor

For CLI you can do over the phone = HP. Can also request on the website, but it is another HP. I asked about auto-CLI after 6 months of on-time payments and was told to just wait, but that it wasn't common. I take their word on it seeing as my mom had a $3.3K limit since 2000, kept util low, never missed any payments and never got a CLI. They sure were quick to lower her limit in 2008 when she temporarily had high util (75%) and limit chased until she closed the card.

Since it isn't your card I would recommend to apply for your own card and add your wife as an AU. Higher chances of a high limit that way. Of course only do it if you really need to use the card for the special financing. Otherwise just do what p- is doing.. a blue Icee every few months doesn't sound so bad.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.