Did you mean: 

Sears Credit Card SHOCKED!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Sears Credit Card SHOCKED!

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Hammer23 wrote:

So I went to Sears today because I need to purchase new lawn and garden equipement and Sears is having a big sale. The sales rep explained that I could get 5% off instantly or 12 months no interest if I used a Sears card. I explained that Citi and I don't get along since my BK and would most likely be a wasted inquiry. The sales rep explained that Sears has relationships with Citi (Primary) and HSBC & GE (Secondary) and that the 0% was good no matter who approved me. 

To my amazement CITI approved it with a $3,000 limit! 

I never thought I would have a Citi card again after I took them down in the BK, but the Sears card is on the way. 

WOW, Lucky Sales Person you got the Citi Card because I don't think you would have looked at them as nice when they came back and said you didn't qualify for Citi but HSBC would like to offer you a Sears Solutions MasterCard for $300 Credit Line and $59/Annual Fee!

Sigh Im jealous... not for Sears but to be in with Citi!!! Last time I tried I was still Black Listed! Smiley Sad

Congrats OP.

CITI hates me too Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 44
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@Hammer23 wrote:

It was a combo of things that led to my BK.

Job loss, Divorce, adjustable rate mortgage I couldn't refi. Wasn't just the credit cards.  As I said before, I never expected to be approved by Citi

No need to explain or justify your reasons. Bad things happen to good people and usually all at once!. As that old cigarette commercial used to go..you've come a long way baby!! Congrats on that approval!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 22 of 44
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes Life has little surprises waiting when we least expect it.  How fortunate you are, Congratulations on the SEars Card.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 23 of 44
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Hammer23, sorry if it sounded as if I was being negative about getting the LOC.  I had some issues with credit around 8 years ago and I am almost back in the 700's club, I didn't app for any of the baddies (closed but were either collections that were paid off or were seriously pass due, but paid for).  Also I guess my low credit score a couple of years ago kept me from app'ing for anything besides my NFCU card.  GL on your future apps and building your credit back, you should do very well!!!  Time is one of the biggest things that helps score, waiting another 7 months before looking for one more card (then garden for a year!!!). 

Message 24 of 44
tray
Valued Contributor

Congrats, nice starting limit, enjoy the 0 financing that is a plus!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 25 of 44
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Also everyone that read/commented on the first post, sorry that I didn't go more into detail as to why I was asking the question (hopefully the previous post helps with it now).  Thank you hammer for your post.

Message 26 of 44
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

They gave me a $3k limit when i first opened my card 7 years ago with short history. Then 4 years later they balance chased me to $2400. I've been able to get it back to $2800. I only keep it open to use it @ Kmart. It is really good if you shop at kmart/sears alot cause of the extra reward points. I have had 2 credit limit increases in 2 years both with hard pulls and all they gave me was $200 each time...geez thanks

Message 27 of 44
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

No problem, I had no expectation of being approved with CITI, I thought the app would get passed through to HSBC and I would still get the discount. I am very greatful to CITI for giving me a second chance after I burned them. I will make sure to reward them with responsible use of thier card.

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

They know u can't BK for what 10 more years

So you're a credit risk now

LOL

Message 29 of 44
marty56
Super Contributor

Not to mention the entertainment value at shoping at Sears.

Mod Cut

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.