tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sears Credit Card SHOCKED!

@marty56 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ouch... you got cut.

We are being very bad boys when MVV smacks us around. 

Then again he probably considers us job security Smiley Happy

There was a link that probably shouldn't have been on. Outside of being OT to OP's Sears approval, it wasn't that kosher to the forums and had to be flushed.

Nope, we don't get paid. Though if you ever wanted to donate, I know of some good charities featuring my namesake....

My bad, mea culpa.

I found it interesting that when DW bought an oven a few years ago, they gave her a Sears MC.  They used to have their own card and I thought that  they were linked to Discover.  Also their was a mall in San Antonio that closed and the only remianing store was Sears because they owned the land.

OT but forum friendly would you feel weird using your Sears MC at say Target.  I would.

I once used my Dillard's Amex at Macy's! Smiley LOL

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 41 of 44
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Hammer23 wrote:

So I went to Sears today because I need to purchase new lawn and garden equipement and Sears is having a big sale. The sales rep explained that I could get 5% off instantly or 12 months no interest if I used a Sears card. I explained that Citi and I don't get along since my BK and would most likely be a wasted inquiry. The sales rep explained that Sears has relationships with Citi (Primary) and HSBC & GE (Secondary) and that the 0% was good no matter who approved me. 

To my amazement CITI approved it with a $3,000 limit! 

I never thought I would have a Citi card again after I took them down in the BK, but the Sears card is on the way. 

Soooo nice to know there is still hope after all.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 42 of 44
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sears mastercard close my account just because I did two payment in a month my credit score is at 789 in equifax I did call to recon buy they told that they think is suspicious to do 2 payment in a month when I normally do one jajajaja so I told them well to bad my discover with high limit will take my business and I will never go to a sears store.

That's funny, considering Discover was originally introduced by Sears.

Message 43 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

I used to be AU on a Sears card that went into collection. I had it removed from my file but hopefully that didnt ding me for a Sears card in the future

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.