Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Credit Card

tag
rockup55
Contributor

Sears Credit Card

I opened a Sears account in 1977 and I closed the account in 2004.  Don't even remember why I closed the account at this point but it was in good standing when closed with no missed payments.  Back then I was not exposed to this forum.  My TU report still show it as a closed account.  My question is, if I was to go to Sears to have the account re-opened, would it help my account aging.  Would they back date it to 1977?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears Credit Card

Hello, they wont backdate. it will be a new TL with a opened date whenever you app for it.

why the sears card. they are harsh on the customer service. 
( i deal with them daily) 

anyways gl

Message 2 of 9
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

I could be wrong but I believe Amex is the only one that backdates. I haven't heard other banks doing that.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
I could be wrong but I believe Amex is the only one that backdates. I haven't heard other banks doing that.

+2

Message 4 of 9
rockup55
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I do not want a sears card.  I was only willing to do it if it would be backdated to improve my account aging.  The oldest open account on my report is 15 years but if I was able to get something back to 1977 it would be a nice aging boost. but I understand now that is not possible so I will not be re-applying for a Sears card.

Message 5 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:

Not even amex backdates anymore. all new.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

word up, i got about 2 weeks ago my bce and it was backdated! 

Message 7 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

The card can say whatever. It is not backdated in your credit report.
Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

So go check it out. You will see new tl. We've been harping on this since mid March. Here at my fico there is no doubt either.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.