Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Credit Card

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Sears Credit Card

I'm thinking about opening a store card at Sears just for the convenience when using an employee discount.  I've called the back door number and credit central and can't get any information on minimum approval criteria.  My credit score with EQ is 706 and TU is at 715; no lates, no derogs for the last three years and I'm using about 6% of my available credit.  I've got open TLs at AMEX, Chase MC, Target Visa, an HSBC Discover, and three store cards (Carson's backed by HSBC,Ann Taylor - WFNNB and Macy's - FDS).  I don't want to waste the hard pull if I'm not pretty sure I'll get approved.  Any expert opinions out there??

Thanks for all of your help!  You're awesome!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears Credit Card

Based upon what you posted, I'm sure you would be approved for an account, unless you opened a lot of these account recently.   Please share your results if you app.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-28-2009 06:54 AM
Message 2 of 16
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

With the exception of my AMEX (opened in 1987) my other accounts are relatively new.  2 were openend 11/07 and the rest were opened last year; Target 3/08, Ann Tyalor 5/08, Macy's 9/08 and Chase 12/08. All of the inquiries I have resulted in card issuance.  What do you think?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't get too many cards in too short a period, especially if in the last 6 to 12 months.  Too much credit in too short a time period can be a bad signal to creditors and possibly subject you to AA.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what you have posted i bet you will be approved. But from what ive read it looks like Sears may pull Ex and you didnt list any info about Ex. I also plan on apping for Sears in June.
Message 5 of 16
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

My FAKO score with EX is 723 but, I think I'm just going to sit back and let my accounts age a bit.  Thanks for the feedback!  Let us know how you make out when you app for Sears.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to be careful if you've opened too many cards in the past years, esp the past 6 mo.  I would wait until most accounts are at least a yr old.
Message 7 of 16
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I bit the bullet the other night while at work and apped for the store card.  Instant approval with a $2K limit and the Citi backed card.  The limit is about $1900 more than I need but, I'll keep it.  They pulled EQ according to the free credit monitoring I get through Experian and MSN Money.  No notice from Scorewatch yet and I'll pay the balance before the statement cuts.

EQ - 706

TU - 715

Message 8 of 16
krielly
Established Contributor

I used to have 2 sears accounts, both in good standing, however they closed both when I filed BK. (not because I owed them but simply because I was bk)

Anyhow, since I DID BK on Citicard, I'm sure I'm blacklisted forever now from having a Sears card, correct???

I just realized not too long ago that Citicard is not reporting to ANY of the 3 bureaus on me.....strange. I'm sure they have me on a list  SOMEWHERE though, don't you think??

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and i hope to join you in June. Im surprised they pulled EQ I assumed it be a EX pull.
Message Edited by cartercorp on 04-06-2009 03:12 PM
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.