Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Credit Card

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sears Credit Card

Hi, make sure your utilization is down because when i applied just recently with a 680 equifax score which they pulled. They denied me because of my use of other revolving credit cards. I knew my utilization was high 28 percent but i thought i would get approve for at least something, but wasnt.
Message 11 of 16
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

No notice from Scorewatch yet and I'll pay the balance before the statement cuts.

EQ - 706

TU - 715

That's the important part!  Any interest you pay will likely zero out any employee discount you got.  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes,you are wright.If avoid to keep our credit score high, limit the number of credit cards if you apply for within a short period of time. "Every time you apply for new credit, that application shows up on your credit report, so you'll shoot yourself in the foot if you apply for a number of credit cards hoping to get one," Hardekopf says. The more cards you apply for, the more likely you are to be seen as a "credit seeker," a less-than-desirable label for someone who wants to maintain good credit. then You don't want to apply for credit that you don't need

Edit: removed HTML link, post fine otherwise.  --Rev

Message 13 of 16
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Krielli i had a bk with citi in it 6 yrs ago and got approved last yr with 9k and 10k

They pull equifax for Thank you card and Experian for Hilton reserve card

Oh and congrats to the poster on the recent approval

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 14 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@danielodonoll wrote:

Krielli i had a bk with citi in it 6 yrs ago and got approved last yr with 9k and 10k

They pull equifax for Thank you card and Experian for Hilton reserve card

Oh and congrats to the poster on the recent approval

Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey aaronedward!
Welcome to the forums! Just a friendly note: this thread is over 3 years old. :-). Might want to check the dates on threads when posting. I'm sure that these posters have already received their replacement cards because they have hit their expiration date for renewal.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.