Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears Credit Card

Chuck  Patience! You are trying to do this in a New York minute instead of taking your Texas time doing it. It is much easier to wait and get at least a decent cl, than to get card now with low limit and try to get that limit raised to the same level.

By far the best thing that you can do for your scores is to get those collections removed from your rpts., along with any other baddies. The 3 collections may be costing you 100 pts. Getting them off will have far more impact than getting a store card ever will.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your scores are low 600's today what do you think your score was then?
did you have baddies when you applied?

what was the limit they gave you?

did you apply in the store ?

thanks for the help

Chuck
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in store. I don't remember if my charge off/collection was on reports or not. If it was it was recent. If not score was probably at least  mid 600's as the only dings would be 30 day late from 2005 and possibly high util. Sorry don't remember exactly when I opened account. Limit was 3450.

Remember Chuck the higher your scores the higher your limit and the easier it is to get approved. It is easier to start with a higher limit than to try and raise a low one.

Just checked report and charged off account was 120-150 late and went charge off same month opened account. Other than that I only had a Discover,Visa, 2 installment loans and a Dillard's card that is open but unused since 1990.

Message Edited by cowpaddi on 03-09-2008 06:56 PM
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a regular Sears account, opened in 1996, which was later changed to a Sears Gold MC.  The APR actually wasn't too bad on the MC--10.9% Fixed.  It also had a $12,300 CL.  I only used the card once or twice.  I cancelled the account in 2003 or 2004. 
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
    Thought I would share my experience with my sears card application.Went shopping at Kmart spent around 300 dollars, they had a promotion running that if you applied for a sears card you saved 5 dollars instantly and 20 more if you got approved.I am in credit repair so I wasnt sure if it would be worth the inquiry.Decided to go for it... they had me sign an agreement , asked for my drivers license.And woohoo...denied...through citi and was told i would recieve a letter in the mail as to why.But... the clerk said but another bank would like to issue a sears card for you. Smiley Surprised . HSBC backed me and I recieved a Sears Solutions MC in the mail about 2 wks later.At least something good came out of the inquiry , lol. Got a $300 limit with a $59 AF.Citi pulled TU and my score was around 560. Anyway I hope it helps in some small way, good luck with getting a store card.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

lynnzane wrote:
Hello everyone,
    Thought I would share my experience with my sears card application.Went shopping at Kmart spent around 300 dollars, they had a promotion running that if you applied for a sears card you saved 5 dollars instantly and 20 more if you got approved.I am in credit repair so I wasnt sure if it would be worth the inquiry.Decided to go for it... they had me sign an agreement , asked for my drivers license.And woohoo...denied...through citi and was told i would recieve a letter in the mail as to why.But... the clerk said but another bank would like to issue a sears card for you. Smiley Surprised . HSBC backed me and I recieved a Sears Solutions MC in the mail about 2 wks later.At least something good came out of the inquiry , lol. Got a $300 limit with a $59 AF.Citi pulled TU and my score was around 560. Anyway I hope it helps in some small way, good luck with getting a store card.

Welcome to the FICO Forums, lynnzane!

Thanks for that info!  I had no idea HSBC was issuing Sears cards now.  When will it ever end?

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-10-2008 11:32 PM
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the welcome chedder! Yes , scary to think were they might end up next ....lol

A link to the card picture...http://searssolutionsrewards.com/ 

Message 17 of 19
HoosierSue

I have had a Sears Dept. store CC since 1982 or 1983, with a measly $550 limit.  This summer we moved.  I was shopping for a water softener, garage door opener, furniture, snow blower, etc.  At the time my FICO score was in the 780s. 

I called and asked for a CLI, explaining all the purchasing we intended to do, and they gave a $200 increase.  Whoop-ti-do.  We did buy the water softener and garage door opener (2) at Sears but I used a different card and paid it off right away. 

I have a Sears MC as well & it is one of my highest CL, at over $12K.  Go figure.
Message 18 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

I applied about two weeks ago and have not heard a thing. I thought it said they would let me know via email since I applied online. Guess it is not looking to good for me.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.