Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Recon - Approved with $3000 limit

tag
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Sears Recon - Approved with $3000 limit

Was not approved for sears last week and got the dreaded 30 day message. I waited patiently for the letter and thought it was going to say due to inquiries or too new of accts since I have done 6 or 7 apps in the past 30 days. Nope, it was for unable to verify residence. Went through 4 out of wallet questions and a "I'll be right back" and when the guy returned he approved me for a $3000 credit line, matching my Chase Freedom!!!

Very happy since I hear Sears is hard to get approved with. !!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Sears Recon - Approved with $3000 limit

Nice, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Was not approved for sears last week and got the dreaded 30 day message. I waited patiently for the letter and thought it was going to say due to inquiries or too new of accts since I have done 6 or 7 apps in the past 30 days. Nope, it was for unable to verify residence. Went through 4 out of wallet questions and a "I'll be right back" and when the guy returned he approved me for a $3000 credit line, matching my Chase Freedom!!!

Very happy since I hear Sears is hard to get approved with. !!!

Congrats! I dont know how you could wait 30 days I would go crazy LOL. I go crazy when it the message is "we need to further review" LOL

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@johnny by any chance was it the mastercard version because your limit is quite big.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 10
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

I sure hope so bears and turtles. I didn't ask when I was on the phone. I'll update in a week when it comes in.

Message 5 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I mean your CL is quite something so it should be a MC. you can call and just give them you personal info. just to check.....Smiley Wink

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 10
qd
Regular Contributor

Can you PM me the number you used for your Sears Recon?  Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

This is why you always recon 

Congrats OP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
mikey4833
Valued Member

Congratulations to your approval. I about had a heart attack when they approved me in store for Sears Platinum Master Card from Citi $4,000 limit... I went there in Jan of this year because my mom got approved for the secondary back up card the Cap 1/ HSBC version which they don't have anymore if you got declined for the Citi version. I have a Chap 7 Bk from July 2009 and I filed BK on a regular Sears card for $600 back then... I had 23 inquiries as well I have no idea how in the world I got that card.  $4,000 limit $250 cash limit then they dropped the cash line to $50 lol. I got spooked that they were decreasing my entire limit they told me they did that to every one who has a Sears MC is that true?

Starting Score: TU:599 EXP: 596 EQ: 595 Starting Year 2009
Current Score: TU:715 (685 FAKO) EXP:647 (673 FAKO) EQX: 637 (FAKO 615) - All on 04/24/13 In the garden until 05/2014 because too many inq and low AAoA 1.4 mo. My BK chap 7 will be 4 yrs old July 2013
Goal Score: 760+ across the board by next year July 2014 5 yrs after BK

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Actually Sears is pretty easy to get approved for. I know 6 years ago they gave me a card with a $3K starting limit with less than a year history. My only other card at the time was a capital one with $500 limit. Good thing I can use it @ Kmart cause my Sears closed down a year ago. Tried to PC this card with no success.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.